Copyright 2023 ABC News Internet Ventures. He talked about Michaels body being in one of the ponds at the ranch. hitType: 'event', "I did not kill him," Davidson told "20/20" in 2021, in her first network interview from prison. I prefer that the cases I read about be presented at least somewhat objectively, and not because I want to feel any compassion for a killer. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), He served admirably during thewar in Afghanistan before moving to Texas and starting a family. Davidson claimed that the pressure of family and his work was getting to him, including driving three hours round trip to Dyess Air Force Base in Abilene, Texas. WheninvestigatorsinterviewedJudy,she was frank about her opinion ofSeverance. if(document.querySelector("#google_image_div")){ Never will." Authorities ruled out her mother after documents were found that were forged by Wendi in relation to hiding the horse tranquilizer. No one got away with murder here. }); After Davidson was released from jail on bond, a toxicology report revealed that Severance had been poisoned by animal tranquilizers that Davidson would have had access to in her clinic. , St. Martin's True Crime; 1st edition (August 12, 2009), Publication date , Language }) Unable to add item to List. However, Michael allegedly feared that bad things might happen to him in Canada, and Wendi insisted that she spotted him using caffeine pills. , X-Ray Davidson was subsequently charged with first-degree murder and two counts of tampering with evidence, according to theAssociated Press. hitType: 'event', So, if youre curious to find out what exactly happened in this case, weve got you covered. OSI and the San Angelo Police Department had also searched the family's home and Davidson's veterinary clinic. James Harden surprises fan paralyzed in MSU shooting with FaceTime call and donation, 2 million air fryers recalled due to fire and burn hazards, Students speak out about bullying after fellow student dies by suicide, 'GMA' Deals & Steals on women-owned businesses, MORE: Mother convicted of poisoning her family maintains her innocence, MORE: Lead prosecutor shares courtroom strategy that took down Robert Durst. When the police confronted Davidson with the information, she said she had researched it because during that time volunteer searchers were searching for Severance. document.querySelector("#google_image_div").addEventListener('click',function(){ Nevertheless, Wendi is ineligible for parole at the time of writing and remains behind bars at the Dr. Lane Murray Unit in Gatesville, Texas. "My parents drove up, and me and my brother were telling them everything that happened, which was that I had found him dead and dumped his body in the pond.". The couple was supposed to fly out to Maine on January 16, 2005, but Wendi called Michaels parents to say she couldnt find him anywhere. document.querySelector("#adunit").addEventListener('click',function(){ Davidson loved working with animals and attended Texas A&M University with the intention of becoming a veterinarian. ", "I think my husband was a victim, I think my children were victims," she said. Severancewas on leave at the time, however,and an official OSI inquiry couldnotbegin until he was due back on base. People who commit crimes, they have reasons. 25, 2022 at 8 p.m. on ABC. Former Texas veterinarian and mother of two Wendi Mae Davidson is currently serving 25 years in prison for murdering her husband in 2005. Shewas denied parole in 2019, and her next eligible parole date is in May 2024. ET on ABC. As a practicing veterinarian for decades, the veterinary facts are exacting. Wendi told police that Mike had been acting erraticallyvisiting local clubs, staying out late, sometimes not coming home at all. It would be his familys first opportunity to meetDavidsonand the kids. Watch the full story on "20/20" TONIGHT at 8 p.m. So, tell me about crime in Virginia. : I question CPS and the court system for their lack of concern when it comes to the children. Wendi's mother has been recording saying "I'm not going to lie I didn't like him. After Severance's body was discovered, Davidson was arrested and taken into custody and charged with first-degree murder and two counts of tampering with evidence. . Police in San Angelo contacted the Texas Rangers for investigative assistance,but neitherunitgenerated any significant leads. window.googletag.cmd.push(function() { At the time of his disappearance, Severance had already deployed five times to the Middle East and was preparing for his sixth tour. The killer had stabbed him after killing him. ET on ABC. },false) Davidson initially told police that the last time she saw her husband was the day before he went missing. I mean I might have had crazy reasons in my head, but there's no excuse.". eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), Severance ran into Davidson in 2003 after he learned how to line-dance and two-step in a bid to meet women, and the pair hit it off immediately despite them seemingly being opposites as far as personalities were concerned. Davidson said that she moved Severance's body to the pond, stabbed the body and weighed it down with cinderblocks. Wendi had a habit of either choosing the wrong men or sabotaging her relationships. eventAction: 'load' She pleaded no contest to murder and two evidence tampering charges, and was sentenced to 25. gads_event = event; However, at the time he went missing, Severance was on leave and an official OSI inquiry could not begin until after he was expected to be back on base. His wife, veterinarian Wendi Mae Davidson, was arrested and eventually found guilty of murder. Now she said she is ready to tell her side of the story. Please try again. They found that Davidson had searched about polygraph tests on the internet, as well as phrases like "decomposition of a body in water." Create a free profile to get unlimited access to exclusive videos, breaking news, sweepstakes, and more! Prosecutors argued that since officers thought Severance was AWOL at the time, OSI gained the necessary permissions and approval to utilize tracking devices. This book is terrible. : The couple had given birth to their first child. "I did not kill him," Davidson told "20/20" in 2021, in her first network interview from prison. It just could have been presented in a more thoughtful and objective way. The only thing that I noticed that changed with Mike was he was having a very hard time driving back and forth to Abilene every day. Davidson said that her brother said he'd call an attorney, but instead he called investigators and told them what Davidson had told him. People who knew Wendi described her as a helpful woman who had a high standing in society and loved participating in community events. According to reports, she had made quite a name for herself as a veterinary doctor and even started her own clinic shortly before the tragedy. Davidson claimed that the pressure of family and his work was getting to him, including driving three hours round trip to Dyess Air Force Base in Abilene, Texas. }); She was immediately taken into custody, and she claimed she had found him deceased and only moved his body to the pond. In 2019, Davidson was denied parole and is scheduled to be released from Gatesville Correctional Facility in 2031. }); The 24-year-old met Wendi in 2003, and the couple quickly had a son together. She was sentenced to 25 years in prison in 2006. Her other works of true crime include the best-selling. Turn on desktop notifications for breaking stories about interest? Their reasoning was that if Davidson was claiming Severance may be a deserter, then there would be a possibility she was helping him hide out. At the time, Davidson told police that she had seen her husband the day prior, adding that he was worried about deployment. They are fictional. Additional gift options are available when buying one eBook at a time. Please try again. Wendi Mae Davidson on moving husband's body: 20/20 'Dead Man Talking' Preview ABC News 14M subscribers Subscribe 9.6K views 9 months ago #2020 Davidson said that she moved Michael. -Blames Evil Villian, West Texas and "lack of travel", Reviewed in the United States on May 2, 2016. Despite claiming innocence, she was sentenced to 25 years in prison. Wendi told police that Mike had been acting erraticallyvisiting local clubs, staying out late, sometimes not coming home at all. She was no dummy but when you read all the transcripts of her phone call, the complete lack of consideration for anyone but herself. WENDI DAVIDSON OBITUARY DAVIDSON, Wendi Rose Of North Andover, formerly Stoneham and Malden, died April 20, at age 49. Prior to that, she worked at the Advanced Animal Care clinic on Sherwood Way as a veterinarian. In the winter of 2005, Mike's wife, a veterinarian named Wendi Mae Davidson, reported him missing. At the time of his disappearance, Severance had already deployed five times to the Middle East and was preparing for his sixth tour. 4. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, By purchasing this title, you agree to Audible's, Update your device or payment method, cancel individual pre-orders or your subscription at. Hes a minor, meaning hes still under the guardianship of his maternal grandparents, but both Leslie and Frank Severances Facebook accounts make it clear that he often visits them in Maine as well. Remembering George Floyd: A year of protest. Why dont the Electoral College and popular vote always match up? Additionally, I have written ten mystery novels including five in the Lucinda Pierce series from Severn House. I like Diane Fanning a lot, but this book felt rushed and pointless. When a small-town airman holding the post of Sergeant was assigned to the Dyess Air Force Base in Abilene, Texas, following a series of tours to Iraq and Afghanistan, no one ever imagined that hed lose his life. "He was all concerned about -- he didn't want to be deployed, because he was afraid that something bad was going to happen," Davidson told police in 2005. "What I did was horrible, there's no excuse. if(document.querySelector("#ads")){ 2nd Impeachment Trial: What this could mean for Trump, Presidential transition of power: Examined, How Donald Trump spent his last days as president, How Joe Biden's inauguration will be different from previous years, Trump challenges the vote and takes legal action, 2020s DNC and RNC are different than any before, Power Trip: Those Who Seek Power and Those Who Chase Them, Leave No Trace: A Hidden History of the Boy Scouts, Keeper of the Ashes: The Oklahoma Girl Scout Murders, The Orphans of COVID: America's Hidden Toll, X / o n e r a t e d - The Murder of Malcolm X and 55 Years to Justice, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information.

Lisa Armstrong Telegraph Age, Articles W