Coupon Code: cerakote20. Get 15% off when you spend $150+ with code ED15. And the Sporter, the 2018 addition to the XPR line, is a beauty right out of the box. Many of the links on Gear-Report.com are affiliate links. I did mention it to TC, but didnt talk to them specifically about it, if that makes sense. The test rifle, which was chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, weighed right at seven pounds without an optic. Available precision-fit for composite stock Encore, Omega and Black Diamond stocks. The Mossberg Patriot Vortex Scoped Combo in 6.5 Creedmoor.Bob Frye/Everybody Adventures. Thompson Center Compass .30-06 Springfield Bolt Action 5rd 22" Rifle Thompson/Center Compass Bolt Action Rifle 223 Rem | 10059 | 22" Barrel But, with about 5 minutes of modifications it will work. The recoil pad on this rifle is fairly substantial, too, so that helps. T/C Compass Rifles - Thompson/Center - TCArms Those little touches dont make the Patriot Weatherby-like in looks, but they are nice nonetheless. The Compass Centerfire Bolt-Action Rifle comes with a detachable, rotary magazine that fits flush with the stock to enhance ease of carry and shooting from multiple positions. Thompson Center Rifles | Gun Parts This rifle claims MOA shooting at 100 yards. Affordable. The Compass receiver is basically a cylinder with a full-diameter bolt running through its center. Operation of the rifle feels natural in the hand, as well. The black injection-molded synthetic stock is fairly plain. 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Reviewed in the United States on November 28, 2022, Style Name: 10805 Christensen Arms, Marlin, and Remington, I was very skeptical about how much effect this would have. | All come with knurled caps. Set in the middle position, it still engages the safety but allows opening the bolt. When he told me the Compass typically sells for $399, I decided I had to try one. Like the other 6.5 Creedmoors, this one was said to be capable of shooting sub-1-inch groups at 100 yards. Manufacturer: Thompson Center Arms Model: Compass Model #: 10059 Caliber: 223 Remington / 5.56 NATO Finish/Stock: Blued/Black Composite Trigger: Adjustable Barrel Length: 22" Rate of Twist: 1:09 Capacity: 5+1 Det. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Mag., .350 Legend. The XPR Sporter delivers there, too. The tang safety on the right side, meanwhile, is easy to reach, if a bit stiff. Much to my surprise it is very effective. Thompson Center Compass vs Ruger American: Full Guide - Shooting Mystery Its a three-position affair. T/C states the Compass has 5R rifling, which has lands with angular edges. I noticed recoil less with this rifle than any of the others. Reviewed in the United States on June 30, 2020. The 6.5 Creedmoor isnt a hard-recoiling round, but the large recoil pad did a good job absorbing kick. 5R rifling's unique design provides benefits to the shooter by causing less bullet deformation. In short order, T/C decided to improve on the original trigger design, and the Compass II was born. They didnt have any then. T/C VENTURE PREDATOR - FULL REVIEW - Sniper Central Much of the architecture from the original model has found its way into the Compass II, which is a good thing. The inflex technology recoil pad on the Winchester XPR in 6.5 Creedmoor.Bob Frye/Everybody Adventures. It improved accuracy of thin barrels especially well. tcacessorries@btibrands.com. Benelli Lupo Bolt-Action Rifle Line Expanded with New Chamberings, Remington .50-70 Rolling Block History: New York's Pick to Arm Its National Guard, .375 H&H Mag. Thompson Center Compass. Capacity: 3+1, detachable magazine Barrel: 22 in. Dang, Bill. A .75-inch thick block in the stock between the lug and the magazine soaks up recoil. Flulting on the barrel of the Mossberg Patriot in 6.5 Creedmoor.Bob Frye/Everybody Adventures. Your browser's Javascript functionality is turned off. Maybe it was both. Thompson/Center Arms sets the standard for development and innovative thinking in the hunting firearms industry. Thompson/center Compass II Specs Type: 3-lug bolt-action centerfire Caliber: .223, .243, 6.5 Creedmoor (tested), .270 Win., 7mm Rem. QLA makes loading simple and fast. Reach him at 412-838-5148 or bfrye@535mediallc.com. Very disappointed! Recoil was mellow, and the substantial recoil pad was easy on the shoulder. You still get the Winchester name, but, with a manufacturers suggested retail price of $599.99 you only pay half or a third as much as you might otherwise. tca_customerservice@tcarms.com, International: 1.866.730.1614 Im a fan of the rotary magazine, although the rifle did fail to pick up a round on a couple occasions. I placed the stock, at the front of the receiver, on the front rest when shooting off a bench in hopes of lessening that forearm flex, but that failed to tighten groups. Thompson Center T/C Compass II Compact 6.5 Creedmoor 16.5 Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information? Browning cartridges loaded with 155-grain BXR bullets and Federal Premium cartridges loaded with Sierra 165-grain Game- King bullets shot groups slightly smaller than 1.5 inches. Finish: Weather Shield It is very comfortable, with the side facing your shoulder textured for a bit of grip and is blacked out to avoid any reflections from shiny hardware. Field Test: Thompson Center's Affordable 6.5 Creedmoor Compass Rifle But with the zero options available Dont get excited by the title, this is not an exact fit for the Traditions Buckstalker. This classic recoil pad has a lot to offer. LimbSaver 10802 AirTech Precision-Fit Recoil Pad for Browning At 10 yrs. 1/2" leather-look rubber recoil pad comes standard for non-slip shouldering; . The Compass comes with a guarantee to shoot one-inch, three-shot groups at 100 yards. Manufacturer: Thompson Center Model: Venture Predator Model Number: 10175470 Caliber: 308 Win, 223 Rem, 22-250, 204 Ruger Barrel: Medium Weight, 5R rifling Barrel Length: 22" (559mm) Twist: 1:12" RH (.308), 1:10" RH (.300 Win Mag) Magazine: 3 Round DBM Trigger: Adjustable, 3.5-5 lbs Stock: Composite Stock with Hogue Rubberized Camo Panels Thats a tall order for a rifle with a suggested retail price of $399. JavaScript is disabled. It was all encased in glass behind the counter, low enough to the floor that the young clerk had to kneel down to get any out. The Pennsylvania Game Commission released its 2019-20 deer harvest estimates. Both receiver screw holes are bushed. pull (measured)Sights: none; scope bases providedPrice: $405Importer: Thompson/Center, tc-arms.com. If youre looking for a new hunting gun, the Compass II offers excellent bang for your buck. Details Specs: Barrel Length: 21.625" Length of Pull: 13.25" Twist Rate: 1:10 Capacity: 5 Overall Length: 41" Weight: 7 lbs Features: Detachable rotary magazine Generation I Trigger 4.5 - 5.5 lbs Ergonomic, lightweight stock Three-lug 60 degree lift bolt 3-position safety Sling swivel studs Button-rifled barrel, 5R rifling Rubber Recoil pad Limbsaver Classic Precision Fit Recoil Pad Thompson Center Rubber Black The blued, 22" tube features a button-rifled 5R rifling with 1:10 twist tapering to 0.700" at the muzzle, which is threaded and ready for suppressor or muzzle brake. Mag. Compass II rifles come with either 21.625- or 24-inch free-floated barrels depending upon caliber, with 1/2x28 or 5/8x24 threaded muzzles. Thompson/Center uses 5R rifling in its barrels. We use cookies to improve your browsing experience. I cant imagine that any new Compass rifles available from a high volume store like Cabelas would need to have work done. Back to the original question, has anyone rebarreled one? Hardware: Thompson/Center Venture II - An Official Journal Of The NRA These recoil pads incorporate anti-muzzle jump technology and reduce up to 70% of felt recoil. All I did was make sure the base screws were tightened, installed the scope, and took it to the range with no bore sighting and plenty of 130 grain Remington core-lokt psp ammo as I thought I would need. Absorbs harmful recoil and vibration that punishes the shooter and damages or loosens scopes. Thompson/Center engineers and gunsmiths then process all the information and data into new and practical features that real world hunters benefit from every day. Overall Length 31 1/2". By design, the edges of each land do not cut into and deform the bullet jacket. Will be mounting a Nikon 3x9x40. Thompson/Center says the Compasss trigger is adjustable from 3.5 to 5 pounds of pull weight. T/C ENCORE PRO HUNTER COMPLETE CENTERFIRE FIREARMS, Limbsaver Recoil Pad, for Comp. Thompson Center - Compass Utility 22" 243 Win - Grice Gun Shop 5 of 5 Stars! Heres a look at each rifle. My bolt was heavier at first as well. But that didnt affect performance. Add it all up and this is a very fine rifle, especially for the price. Four synthetic recoil arches create a crush zone that allows the stock to compress during the recoil process. In the end, each delivered. Effective Recoil Pad; Positive, Single-Stage Trigger; Detachable Rotary Box Magazine; Pillar Bedded Action; . I picked one up in 6.5cm last night for $200 and will tear it down to the action. Thompson/Center Compass Centerfire Bolt-Action Rifle Thompson Center System1 This System 1 has three (3) basic parts groups: This System 1 has three (3) basic parts groups: 1. The integrated universal timing nut allows for quick field installation or removal using the lightweight spanner tools that come with it. All Rights Reserved. How much, I asked the factory representative? Thompson/Center Compass Bolt Action Rifle 22-250 Rem | 10071 | Blue And so some of its rifles time-tested as they are, such as the Model 70 cost a lot of money up front. (And there is a version with a walnut stock, too, if you want to get really dressy). Shop Thompson Center Encore and Omega Sims Recoil Pad No Fitting Required 7847 | 4.5 Star Rating on 2 Reviews for Thompson Center Encore and Omega Sims Recoil Pad No Fitting Required 7847 + Free Shipping over $49. First, the bolt head is oblong shaped like your thumb from the first knuckle to the tip rather than round. Then, it would be time to go hunting. Recently, I noticed 6.5 Creedmoor ammo and not just one kind, but three brands in various weights, with lead and polymer tips in several Walmarts. Thanks. The new Sako Finnlight II sports an innovative stock and Cerakote metal paired with the terrific 85 action. Most receivers have a recoil lug integral with the bottom of the receiver ring, or it is sandwiched between the barrel and front of the receiver that fits into a mortise in the stock. Mon-Fri: 8:00am-9:00pm EST Standard on all Bolt-Action models including the TC Dimension and Venture. Plus we've got , Pennsylvania's trout stocking season is here, and its trout season is close. Regardless, it is the non-permanent thread locker. I didnt have the rifle long enough to determine that, but it was easy to clean, another supposed benefit of the 5R rifling. The result is the FlexTech recoil reduction system. Coupon Code: ed15. What is it? I could have shot all day with this new pad. Im not sure what inflex technology is, but I can say it seems to work. The Compass is chambered in such cartridges as the .204 Ruger, .223, .22-250, .243, .270, 7mm-08, .308 and .30-06 with 22-inch barrels, and the 7mm Remington Magnum and .300 Winchester Magnum with 24-inch barrels. It, too, has a 22-inch, free floating barrel. The Compass has several features found on economy rifles from other manufacturers, like a full-diameter bolt with a short, 60-degree lift and three locking lugs, a detachable polymer magazine and basic synthetic stock. The Compass, though, has what Thompson Center calls 5R rifling. PAs 2019-20 deer harvest estimates released, Use jerkbaits to catch cold water saugeyes, other game fish, Turkey calls, bike fishing and more outdoor news, Coronavirus prompts changes to PA trout stocking, trout season, Mallards continue to impact waterfowl seasons. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness. . Featuring a lightweight, ergonomic design the 7-pound rifle comes with textured grip panels and a rubberized recoil pad on the stock. Even at 200 yards, groups much smaller than 2 inches usually closer to 1.25 were the norm. These work VERY well to reduce felt recoil. now minimum is 5lb. The detachable, 4-round magazine clips in and out reliably, though, like so many on the market today, is all plastic. It uses a detachable, flush fit rotary magazine. Also, when fully opened the bolt has a little slop, sometimes sticking when not aligned. The bolt release lever is sculpted and quite decorative. Caliber 223 Rem/5 . It comes with a Crossfire II3-9X40 scope with a dead hold reticle, meant to allow shooters to compensate for holdover and windage. Contact Us. Thompson/Center Arms Accessories | Cheaper Than Dirt Thompson/center Arms Compass - For Sale - New :: Guns.com I have another limb saver on a different gun and the screw holes lined up, but the pad was not a perfect fit Don't expect a 100% factory fit. The action is junk and there are no real aftermarket stock or magazine options for it. Plus it had a $75.00 Rebate!! The three-lug bolt has a sliding tab extractor on the face of one of the lugs. The complete rifle weighed 8 pounds, 3 ounces. Move it all the way the other direction and it locks, leaving the trigger and bolt both inoperable. They are also, though, sometimes well, plain. Mag with a synthetic stock. Buy and sell quality consigned and used outdoor gear CHEAP at Geartrade! Id just shoot the thing til it doesnt shoot any more and then get a new one. Thompson/Center Compass Bolt Action Rifle 22-250 Rem - Blue/Black, 22" Barrel, 5+1 Rounds, Synthetic Stock. The three-lug bolt head requires a handle lift of only 60 degrees to open. By continuing to browse our website you agree to our use of cookies. The Thompson/Center Compass Centerfire Bolt-Action Rifle offers shooters an exceptionally functional centerfire bolt-action rifle from a trusted American brandat an affordable price. Thompson Center Encore Pro Hunter Walnut Katahdin Rifle Forend (Screws Not Included) Out of Stock - Backorder OK. $119.00. Especially not in comparison to the many boxes of 30-30s, 270s, .30-06s and even .308s. 1 by James Howe, Col. Townsend Whelen was quoted on how the Springfield Armory bedded Model 1903 rifles to obtain the highest degree of accuracy: . This will be gifted to grand kids. The Compass also comes with an adjustable trigger, black synthetic stock, with ridges on the grip and fore-end to provide good hold, and a 5-round detachable magazine that fits flush with the stock. A synthetic stock has a soft rubber recoil pad to reduce impact and the Compass is also drilled and tapped to accept scopes. Want to see more? Thompson Center Arms Parts for Encore, Pro Hunter, and Contender g2 - EABCO Environmental testing proves Weather Shield is 50 times more corrosion resistant than stainless steel alone. It joins a very crowded field of low priced, bolt action, centerfire rifles, but offers several features that might well sway customers. SKU: 090161045569 UPC: BRAND: Thompson-Center Arms Manufacturer Number: 8529 Caliber: 50 Black Powder Unit of Measure: Each . Home; TC ARMS; TC Stocks; TC Stocks. A convenient feature that allows the primer extractor to be tipped out of the way by hand for easy removal of the breech plug. Hardly any rifling lands were visible, and I thought I had worn out the barrel. Thompson Center Accessories Compass .223 Rem/204 Ruger (2) $43.99 (Save 43%) $24.99 On Sale 13 models Limbsaver AirTech Precision-Fit Recoil Pad f/Wood Stocks (13) As Low As (Save Up to 30%) $38.99 Choate Tool T/C Contender Side Folding Stock $127.99 To learn more about how we use cookies, please review our Field Test: T/C Pro Hunter Rifle in S&W .500 | Outdoor Life textured grip panels, and a soft rubber recoil pad. Features an inflex recoil pad and x-lock scope mounts for an outstanding shooting experience; Pros. J. Scott Rupp takes a first look at the Springfield M1A Loaded rifle chambered in the popular 6.5 Creedmoor. The decorative bolt on the 6.5 Creedmoor Mossberg Patriot.Bob Frye/Everybody Adventures. At MDT (the guys who make chassis rigs) they don't have a pull down that shows TC Compass. accuracy promise. T/C COMPASS II (5) T/C VENTURE II (5) T/C ENCORE PRO HUNTER SHOTGUN SLUG (3) . MSRP: $525; tcarms.com In this article 2023 EverybodyAdventures | All Rights Reserved. In 2016, at the height of the budget bolt-action rifle wars, Thompson/Center released its $400 Compass rifle. Got this for my Mossberg 590, I had to buy an adapter to get it on my Magpul stock, but oh boy! Whichever, it worked. Check us out on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. They will return your rifle with a 5.5 lb trigger pull. There were no problems working it on the range. It was only a little more than a decade ago that Hornady introduced the cartridge to the world. 100% Made in the USA with custom-manufactured stainless steel, this option is cleaning friendly. Thinking of an oryx chassis. Let me know how it works out like I said seen a few ventures rebarreled the guys really liked how they turned out other than stock options none of us have messed with the compass we bought our ventures when you could get one for 350. Stock Encore & Omega. I've had 2 shotguns, and I've purchased one for both. replace the trigger spring in your compass. The pad didn't fit perfectly so I contacted Limbsaver for support. As a Winchester Model 70 fan, I was pleased to see the original Compasss three-position wing-type safety is also on the second-gen gun. I have chosen to keep the one I reviewed until after deer season. Thats to keep it from getting scratched or dinged while in the field, something that can negatively impact accuracy. So totally worth it. Glad you found a work around that you are happy with, James. After 350 hours of exposure to normal environmental elements, stainless steel showed rust and wear while Weather Shield remained unaffected. You are using an out of date browser. But thats one place all manufacturers get thrifty to keep prices down, it seems, so it is what it is. Thompson Center Compass Rifle Review - Gear Report PSA's Daily Deals: The best way to go broke saving money. Style Name: 10804 Thompson Center Verified Purchase Don't get excited by the title, this is not an exact fit for the Traditions Buckstalker. Thompson Center Compass Hunting Rifle Upgrades - Gear Report - Trusted Right from the first shot, the rifles action cycled very smoothly. Thompson/Center Compass Centerfire Bolt-Action Rifle The technology department set out to design an advanced, tough-as-nails, corrosion protection system. Still . But paired with this rifle, its a nice fit. The whole setup, rifle and all, has a suggested price of about $540, so the scope isnt necessarily a high-end optic. 5 Best Muzzle Brakes for 300 Win Mag (2022 UPDATE) - Lunde Studio $220 for a sub MOA rifle. In this Thompson Center Compass vs Ruger American review, we help you figure out which one is better in terms of value, quality, and ease of use. Fitting that band is an extra manufacturing step that is omitted today on budget-priced rifles. That means the rifling stops just short of the end. Thompson/Center Compass 6.5 Creedmoor - On Target Magazine 3. I expect the round will continue to grow in popularity. The Thompson Center Compass in 6.5 Creedmoor. Not a perfect fit but not bad. If you like what we do at Gear-Report.com we hope you will support us by clicking our affiliate links when you want to purchase products. Limbsaver Recoil Pad, for Comp. Generation II trigger provides a 3-4 lb. Quick Load Accurizor (QLA), is yet another T/C technology that is standard on all T/C muzzleloaders.

2022 Nfl Combine Tv Schedule, Articles T