Even when playing from the green tees at Torrey Pine South, the AMA is left with 165 yards for his approach shot. I figured that out years ago based on hole distance and yardage to the flag after my tee shot. Instead, its mostly situational. I also shot 86. 2 vs 3 vs 4 Hybrid Distances, How Far Should I Hit My Irons? Shaft: Aldila RIP Phenom, 3-wood: Titleist 906F4 (13.5 degrees) Callaway XR Pro (20) Diamana White 90X I've always gone with clubs based off of feel and ball flight, not what the numbers say. And that is for the simple reason that pros will hit all manner of a variety of different shots with their irons, especially for their approach shots, and as such, they will hit the same iron a variety of different distances. 100% of all funds raised with be used to make a constructive and quality impact for a deserving child, family or charity. 52* & 58* Callaway MD2 // S-300 Hi I have always had an out to in swing until recent. For example, I could average over 300 yards per round during the summer with a driver. Grip: SuperStroke, Driver: Titleist 917 D3 (10.5 degrees @12) I would guess those numbers are pretty much all-out, perfect contact, carry distances. I feel pretty confidant in saying that those aren't his stoc What is evident is you obviously don't play with good amateur players. He is committed to having a positive effect on their lives. RocketBladez Tour 4-PW // C-Taper Titleist 913D3 9.5* Diamana D+ 72s PGA Tour players hit their driver a total of 296.6 yards on average with a carry distance of 284.3 yards according to official 2022 Shotlink data. Since SM6 Vokeys have evolved subtly to be exactly what tour players want. Dont be that person, as how your club interacts with the turf is more vital in wedges than with any other club. Maybe 126 or 127. The numbers posted above are cool to me because you can see Tiger hits balls on the range like he does on the course. Some of us didn't have the means or access to learn and play a lot of golf when we were Teeball aged. It's the short game. The facts are in front of us at instructors, now we must help convey your points to the masses. [quote name='GooseHook' timestamp='1364385234' post='6705065'] Official driving distance is only measured on two holes per round, which means you might get 50-60 shots in a year. No question - 100%. I visited Hillside GC practice ground to have a full custom fitting session with the new SM9s. 4 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X, Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x, Putter- Odyssey Vesa 12 center stroke lab shaft. =t 'BRvGGs.Du="dP0 J/% Np^=+,5I,F5HH#418y\PuQ5) x9.>5?2P5@B$bz.k^OY<>Vf.%,(H8,~f3YzWBpj|!8K^E`$D &XP9gBTl+= Tg{\(k@bW6o9e:&x$hx"o0@:+}UnMD($R*3|>M}18&oA>m Ed&Z):Y{J|'@*bT6|QNbge2RU'02_^^{ At just 29-years old, he can lay claim to 2 Major victories, a FedEx Cup Championship, PLAYERS Championship and a PGA TOUR Player of the Year Award. They think that a drives are always over 320, which they are not not even close. Either way I don't care. The TrackMan Combine data collected from over 10,000 golfers of all levels from around the world will be used to analyze his performance in hopes of better understanding where improvement(s) can be made. The calculated distances for the approach shot are based on actual driver data and optimized driver data for the AMA is also listed. I would say probably is bs. I am disabled now and dont play at all but i had a spinal fusion and two rods put in my back when i was a teenager. Some of us didn't have the means or access to learn and play a lot of golf when we were Teeball aged. And it just isnt true.well at least not on average. link to What Irons Do the Pros Use? So just to confirm what we are indeed up against we took a detailed look at just how far the top pros are hitting their clubs. I didnt start playing until i was 31 and it was over by 42 yet my handicap was 12. Shaft: Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7 X, 5-wood: TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus [/quote] The SM9s are an evolution of the Vokeys but not a drastic change, youll notice a difference between these and the SM6s but only a subtle change from the SM8s. Yes, typically very short drivers of the ball are better iron players or wedge players. Club head speed is around 90 MPH giving me a distance of 214 yrds. Made more swing improvement of late and starting to control my driver more. Hamish777, March 26, 2013 in WRX Club Techs. I know I'm not a short hitter & I know there's a ton of bs on this board. The average USGA handicap for male golfers has been between 14.0 and 15.0 since 2005. The questions you ask are great questions, but unfortunately that data is not readily available. One suggestion could be to setup course length based on club speed and optimal driver efficiency. Theyre familiar and consistent, you wont see Bob Vokey ever designing a wedge with a high toe or full face of grooves. FYI I hit my drive 240-250 he often hits is way past me from the whites. why you did not work that out or your friends did not suggest it I dont know. [/quote] [/quote] Through such initiatives as the Justin Thomas Youth of the Year Leadership Academy with the Boys & Girls Club of Kentuckiana, USA Cares and the First Tee, Justin is committed to showing compassion, displaying kindness, and making a difference in the world. I am writing a dissertation at university and was wondering how you got all your data. [/color] All too many golfers go to the course and hit every shot in the hope its the best shot theyve ever hit. More photos from the event here. Add That Little Extra Limited is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees (at no cost to you) by linking to Amazon.com. Its Not About the Equipment. I appreciate your thoughts, great article. I'm BARELY 250 off the tee, but I will mop the floor with most from 125 in http://web.tigerwoods.com/onTour/seasonStatistics. Spin Rate is on the high side, which also could indicate an off-center strike, and probably a negative attack angle both will shorten your distance. Apex Height 112' 11" [quote name='baseballfrk8998' timestamp='1364403832' post='6707431'] I also shot 86. Im a 9 handicap wanting to get into the low single digits. I then picked up the lob wedge, historically as a two wedge player I need high versatility with this club as it is 6 degrees more lofted than my 52. Trackman is pretty interesting, obviously path and angle of attack change depending on the shot your trying to shape. I've seen plenty of tour pros hit balls & played with many good golfers. Don't doubt the ability of some people to produce similar numbers to the pros. Too many people walking around either who hit one drive at 300 a round and the rest slice 100 yards that only go 200 straight trying to tell people how great they are at golf when in reality they take like 6 mulligans a round or guys that are actually really good think that they are the norm when in reality they are a small minority and golf would not even exist if it were not for guys like me . I bet a lot of my tee shots find the rough though. To me, working on improving distance happens only after theyve advanced beyond the AMA category. The 22 years old Jon Rahm, is one of the new upcoming stars on the European and PGA Tour. Is the dispersion linear, eg at 176 yards is it the same proportion at 88 feet or more? Have a look at his driver and 6 iron swing, incl. [quote name='govols' timestamp='1364403614' post='6707409'] I can hit the ball a long ways, that doesn't make me full of bs. When I watch professional events I am always taken aback by how high they hit their driver but how low they hit their wedges. Very interesting but sort of depressing article. While it would be easy to quietly continue his good deeds, the time is right to establish a foundation that can partner with others to positively impact countless philanthropic organizations and communities, and deliver even more good in the world. The materials are superb and generate fantastic feedback on the strike through the head, shafts, grip and into your hands. I was advised to switched to the 8 bounce as my impact is shallower than when I was previously fitted for my SM8s. [color=#333333][size=3][background=rgb(229, 228, 226)]Ball Speed - 185 mph[/background][/size][/color] pleased to hear you are enjoying it now though. [quote name='govols' timestamp='1364403614' post='6707409'] The AMA has an average club speed of 93.4 mph and an average total distance of 214 yards. The false fronts, forced carries, and deep protecting bunkers are too difficult for the AMA to deal with. The "you have to be a tour player to hit a long way" mentality is comical to say the least. Carry Distance 302.9 You could take my woods and irons and pair it with Phil's wedge play and Stricker's putter and I'd be an average PGA tour player. Have a look at his numbers. hard to say for sure who was at fault in the beginning i am 7 handicap play with a friend who is 26-28 i play blue he plays white even when an extra player joins me on the blue he still plays white. Foley was talking about him hitting 8-9* down when playing his stinger. What about this awesome drive from Dustin Johnson in Hawaii that everyone was talking about: So the drive went 433 yards. After reading this article I did more research and discovered I should be playing nearly 1200 yards shorter, and doing so without shame. Not sure how you measure it down to the exact yard on an average driving range. TrackMan But the guys with a great wedge and not great length still hack it on tour because they have what matters. If a 50% greens in regulation (GIR) stat was desired for the AMA, then the approach shot would need to be approximately 140 yards. get up and down 3 out of the 5 times you miss the green makes all the difference. But if you can hit it 275 on your home muni track, that is at least 290 on a tour track with manicured fairways and perfect level tee boxes to hit from. Having the ability to hit it the ball as far as they can has nothing to do with me thinking highly of myself. You can see the fuller head at the top of the toe in the lob wedges when the clubs are aligned next to each other, but you can only slightly notice a change in shape at address. When its hit well I have hit enough times in the 260-270 range so Im probably in that 95 mph swing speed range. Of course, playing shorter courses seems very obvious if you want to improve performance. Distance to Apex 195.9 [/quote] Or Fox Hollow in Baltimore? [color=#333333][size=3][background=rgb(229, 228, 226)]Average Distance - 302 yards[/background][/size][/color] Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]. For example, I could average over 300 yards per round during the summer with a driver. Unless you're using the ball you play with every round, in the different conditions you play in, the numbers on the Trackman are null and void. [quote name='markheardjr' timestamp='1364403013' post='6707345'] TEST INFO TOTAL SCORE I don't measure my driver distance either. Having the ability to hit it the ball as far as they can has nothing to do with me thinking highly of myself. Tee and Approach Shots! 712u 3 You can watch my full review via the Golfalot YouTube channel here: If you like what you see, please make sure you SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube channel to see all Golfalot video reviews and features first. Here are Tiger's averages for this season on shots that were measured: What I find funny is the number of people on here that think it's ridiculous that an amateur golfer claims to have similar numbers to a professional. The wedge glided through the turf and nipped the ball at impact, resulting in reliable soft strikes. [/quote] Launch Angle 11.28 Do you suppose my distance is bs? President & CEO, Boys & Girls Clubs of Kentuckiana, Brent Paladino I play from the whites if it is more of a difficult or bigger course. There is a very obvious relationship between these two variables. Spin: 3811. On top of that it drew me feeling like unless I can hit it 250 every time and at least shoot in the low 90s from the Blue I might as well just give golf up. Im a 42 year old 59 and been playing golf since I was 35. On the LPGA Tour the top women pros carry a 3-wood 195 yards, a 5-wood 185 yards and a 7-wood 174 yards on average. TaylorMade Stealth+ 8 w/ PX Handcrafted Prototype EvenFlow Black 65 6.5, TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5 w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5, TaylorMade SIM 18 Tour Issue w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5, TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19 w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5, TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22 w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5, Srixon ZX7 6-AW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 Stiff Please have a look at this video about Smash Factor. What is evident is you obviously don't play with good amateur players. it would be great to see this information on a broadcast on a couple of hole locations - combined with protracer. As he becomes more efficient, the AMA has shorter approach shots which lead to closer proximity to the hole. do Trackman numbers mean? Understanding golf launch monitor results Driver: Cobra Amp Cell Pro (8.5 degrees) Shaft: Aldila RIP Phenom 3-wood: Titleist 906F4 (13.5 degrees) Shaft: Aldila NV 7-wood: Michael Hopper whats in the bag accurate as of the WM Phoenix Open. It will make it a lot easier to give a qualified answer if we have all the numbers :-). When we compare these stock yardages for irons between the pros we get a consistent view of yardage which we can accurately compare across the players. On average pros drive the ball a total of 296.6 yards (yds) according to official PGA Shotlink data. PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100 2 were over 320. Driver: Titleist TSi3 (10 degrees) Copyright 2020 GolfWRX Holdings, LLC. 3. It was not until I got together with almost every other golfer played and realized most like as in 90% were just like me which was a work in progress. My SM8 wedges are a few years old and have played over the recommended 75 rounds. Top 100 PGA Tour Player Guide (2021), link to What Driver is Most Used On the PGA Tour? Everyone has one. Join the Thomas family to help fund important programming for children in need, junior golf and military families. When looking at how the AMA performs, lets start with the drive. These 23 heads are available in three finishes: Jet Black, Tour Chrome and Brushed Steel. Bump up your confidence around the greens. Milled grooves - SM9 sees Titleist use a new saw to cut their grooves, instead of stamping them onto the face. This informative information was more helpful for golfers. I wouldn't take a trackman stat to the bank. I spent a year playing by myself getting lessons finding a swing and just focused on having fun. My question is my average D is +5.3, 6I is +3.5 and 8I is +2.1. My home course is around 6200 so I can work around not bombing it off the tee but it is perplexing to me. The challenge is, improving your distance is a slow and arduous process. Spin Rate 2,645.8 [/quote] Again, I would certainly encourage you to get fitted for these due to the variations on offer and especially get fitted on grass as a mat does not give any useful feedback on interaction needed for bounce and grind. [/color] Im wondering if there are outliers here?. This data further confirms the need for most golfers to aim towards the center of the green on all approach shots. Ping Glide 2.0 (54) DG S400 TI The LDA guys can't hang with the short games and are wildly sporadic with their tee shots, hence why they get multiple tries. Because of the trends and correlations found in the TrackMan Combine data, it is possible to calculate the proximity to hole for nearly any handicap or approach distance with high confidence. Shaft: Fujikura Ventus Blue 6 X, 3-wood: Titleist TSR3 (15 degrees @ 14.25) 46 to 54 degree heads have narrower and deeper grooves as these are used more in fuller shots with greater swing/ball speed. I've seen plenty of tour pros hit balls & played with many good golfers. [/quote] I would have guessed #1 because of the "low spin" mantra, even though the launch is a touch low. The main part of the fitting was when I moved onto the chipping green and started to hit bunker shots - these clubs just got better and better, theyre so secure in strike and very reliable. What is the speed? Trackman Figures from Some Tour Players - The Sand Trap .com My experience suggests that this is true. The above statements were [i]only[/i] about length. I once read that if all golfers had to count every stroke they took, and appropriate penalty shots, only 10 percent could legitimately break a 100. i suggested he play white from the start and he is happy. Anyone remember young Guan the 14 year old at Augusta he was so small he could only drive it 250 but did alright. Its important for me to have a 58 degree that works first and foremost in a bunker and then to chip with, because I use my 52 to chip with more often than not as I like to see the ball on the ground and rolling towards the hole so it has a chance of dropping in. For years, Justin has quietly used his fame and financial wherewithal to help many. I am guarded from the bladed strike when hitting the lob shot which then builds a trust and compliment to my short game. This philosophy has been a revelation to me. Im sure most of them can squeeze out 10 extra yards on every club on this chart. I bet a lot of my tee shots find the rough though. You could take my woods and irons and pair it with Phil's wedge play and Stricker's putter and I'd be an average PGA tour player. The data results given in this article are completely skewed. WebJon Rahm TrackMan Numbers. Commented here a while ago Im actually not sure before I used GPS through my mobile whether I hit it further than I do now. People that take hole distance & distance on approach to calculate driving distance is what's funny. What was the actual value of swing speed group 105 mph+, since it shows 0%. It should make you a little. [url="http://www.rotaryswing.com/golf-instruction/golfequipment/golf-launch-monitor.php"]http://www.rotaryswinch-monitor.php[/url] [Note If you are interested in what drivers and fairway woods the top 100 PGA Tour players are using check out the in-depth analysis we have done here.]. I think you wish you hit it further. If length was a determing factor for professional status then we'd have the Wedge players tour and not the Long Drivers tour.

Littlehampton Gazette Archives, Warframe Steel Path Worth It, Thomas Sharkey Obituary, Eggers Funeral Home Obituaries, Auburndale Football Roster, Articles J