If you are worried about a trip to Mexico, ask yourself why comments like its just like your local grocery store, from random people will help. Learn local road safety and driving laws before driving. I also hope to do an excursion or two but want to make sure I am keeping us safe. Super beaches, food and a great community. you could live in the safest neighborhood and you should still lock your doors at night and its no different when traveling. And how do you secure them in your motel room? We hesitated until they got the handcuffs out. Do a little research on the destination youre thinking about traveling to and for the love [], [] I stated in my previous articleIs Mexico safe the countries below have the same Tulum travel advisory and most people dont think twice about [], Amazing blog thanks for sharing today on this blog, [] The Costa Maya cruise port is located in Mexico. Keep reading as I dissect fact vs. fiction when it comes to criminal activity in Mexico. You have now aligned yourself right there with him. The longer we were in Baja the more and more we liked it and really enjoyed all of the people and the beautiful scenery that they have here. You are being naive but sincerely wish you great and safe travels. If you act tough and get angry and make threats, the officer will simply arrest you for being disorderly or assaulting him or her, etc. Is it Safe to Drive in Los Cabos? Tips for Tourists - Villa del Palmar Thank you again for providing travelers with information. I cant understand why people think it is so unsafe. I took a tour of the Arch, went sightseeing, Camel, and Safari excursion and I felt completely safe exploring Mexico solo. Avoid mini-bars in our rooms? I suggest finding one that has a chef and they will prepare authentic Mexican cuisine and you wont have to worry about going out every morning to find breakfast. Tomiko, obviously you are a paid promoter of mexican tourism. Tourist areas such as Cancun are perfectly safe. If you really look at most of the problems involving tourists alcohol or very bad decision making is involved. I just returned from Mexico again this past sunday and I didnt stay on a resort. Its ok for black men to be treated this way in the states yet you get up and go to work everyday and dont think twice about it but when you are on the other end of the mistreatment you take issue with it. Is nayarit close to puerto vallarta? Explained by Sharing Culture They just love drinking lots of booze, killing others as they race downs the hill from the La Bufadora , no police patrols; this is the Macho way of life for our ignorant Male citizens. Which do you fell is safer, we have kids ages 12, 12, 15. Are you wondering is Cancun safe because of the latest Cancun travel warning and Cancun travel advisory that was issued by the United States in August 2022 regarding the travel of U.S. citizens to Mexico? Your I am better than tone tells me exactly why you feel the way you do. Once an American tourist is murdered travelers begin questioning whether Mexico is safe to visit. I just read into is It Safe To Travel To Mexico.This is exhausting and stressful but Ive already made plans to this country Ive been wanting to return to and I dont want to cancel them (Ill loose money). We have had some pleasant experiences at the resorts that we have stayed at, but those have come at a cost higher then vacations to Hawaii or other safer and more beautiful tropical locations. IS THIS SAFE? Cancun is our destination of choice, but Tulum is also worth visiting. Medallion taxi drivers have been attacking ride-hailing service drivers as they battle over lucrative tourist rides. No one! I hate preachy books too. I only go into this with such gusto due to the fact that I have not experienced the media overly covering the travel advisories or creating excessive drama around the danger. You will also be told what you did wrong. Cancun is viewed as Mexico's tourist capital, but Riviera Maya is an alternative for the adventurous when it comes to the natural world. The writer is pushing racism. Thank you! I ask why is that? I have traveled and lived worldwide and visited Mexico several times since the 60s and felt extremely nervous every time I ventured south of de border ! The Yucatan, for example, is especially suited to driving: Many beaches, barely developed ruins, and intriguing villages lie a good distance from the main road. He was visiting from California and was in a resort area and was stabbed to death. They want to go fishing. Please keep up the wonderful blog! Your life is cheaper in Mexico than many places in the world and the people there are opportunists. I was felt more unsafe in Rome than I did in Mexico. Driving in Mexico City is generally safe, but unnecessary, stressful, and possibly misguided. The lady who ran the tour insisted we go thru the town on the way back, the bus driver didnt say much, but it was obvious he did not want to. Will be staying at a resort. But very little of it notes that Mexico is a HUGE country with thirty-one states (+ plus the Distrito Federal). My name is Pamela and I am of Mexican Canadian descent. If you dont go looking for trouble you wont find trouble. The part of the trip I have been warned the most about is driving there. I am traveling to LeBlanc in March 2020 and The Grand Moon Palace in Summer 2021. If you are traveling between cities or other rural areas, stick to the daytime. Keep your valuables locked up when you leave the hotel. So, remember to enlist these general rules during your vacation and you will not have to ask is it safe to travel to Mexico?. Ive been living here in the U.S. for almost 2 years now after I was extorted at my former business. Its just that, eventually, you end up in the middle of a shooting or someone robs you in the street. There are a number of precautions that need to be observed but Guadalajara is an amazing tourist destination. My wife is more than paranoid than me. I just returned from Mexico on a solo trip and I survived and I felt completely safe. I am not saying what you experienced is not correct but where is personal responsibility? 19 Can a US citizen buy a car in Mexico? Mexico is not completely safe!! Understand, dont Deny. Trust me they want to keep those tourism dollars rolling in and keep touristy areas free of crime. It is a popular port for cruise ships because it is close to many of Mexicos popular tourist destinations. I can still cancel the trip but prefer not to. I am trying to plan a trip to Cancun in September 2019. I cant guarantee that nothing will happen but I also cant guarantee you wont get robbed as you are leaving your home but it doesnt stop you from running errands, going to work, shopping, or just hanging out. I have never done drugs and I have a PhD. No other country on the planet including Spain has done more damage to Mexico than the USA. The bad stories you hear about Mexico are true. In fact, Guadalajara is one of the top tourist destinations in Mexico for national tourism (Mexican tourists) for both leisure and business. I read through the article and then the comments. ), Melissa- Exactly! Covid cases in Baja Mexico are surprisingly low. When was the last time you visited Mexico or are you just saying avoid Mexico because the media tells to you avoid Mexico? Ready to plan your trip, grab myFREE Vacation Plannerto help you plan your trip in the time it takes to watch your favorite TV show! I just returned from a solo trip to Cancun and felt completely safe. 1) Dont compare staying in Mexico for 2 weeks versus living here a whole life. U.S. government employees may not drive from the U.S.-Mexico border to or from the interior parts of Mexico, except daytime travel within Baja California and between Nogales and Hermosillo on Mexican Federal Highway 15D, and between Nuevo Laredo and Monterrey on Highway 85D. I have never been robbed, kidnapped or raped or even pickpocketed why visiting Mexico but the media will have you believe its more dangerous than the US. Ive visited Mexico plenty of times and my husband and I have never experienced anything but sweet and kind people. Im not going to let time go by again without seeing my extended family that lives there and enjoying this beautiful place. Stop by the local grocery store grab a 2 6 six packs and a bottle of wine for half the price. The authorities cracked down hard, however, and dismissed hundreds of officers, including some top officials. It helps a bit of the local economy. Is Cabo San Lucas Safe For Travel 2023 [Mexico Travel Advisory] Is Mexico City Safe to Visit Right Now? Very concerned. Dont travel at night: Most crime occurs at night. When was the last time you visited Mexico? The troops they sent here are useless; they just drive around here looking ready for war in Afghanistan. As in the US cities where there is a majority of black and brown people there is much more crime. I get a lot of hate emails for the previous statement but whether readers agree or not it is true because you are here and you are researching is it safe to travel to Mexico and Mexico travel advisory 2023. Is Tijuana Safe? Mexico: Expert Travel Advice (2023) - Layer Culture You are absolutely correct and those who state that Mexico is safe are in denial! Thank you so much for commenting! I have traveled all over Mexico and I nothing has happened to me. I was worried and I feel better about making plans to attend a concert there in Oct at the Foro Sol. The answer is yes, it is safe to drive in Mexico, but there are a few things you should keep in mind. How to downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 | Windows Central The U.S. Embassy and Consulates in Mexico have issued a new warning to visitors of Cancun and the Mexican state of Quintana Roo over a potential conflict between taxi drivers and ride-hailing service companies which has caused many tourists to wonder is Quintana Roo safe. Level 2: Except for the two Level 1 states, travelers to all the rest are advised to exercise increased caution. They are: Aguascalientes, Baja California Sur, Chiapas, Coahuila, Hidalgo, state of Mexico, Nayarit, Nuevo Leon, Oaxaca, Puebla, Queretara, Quintana Roo, San Luis Potosi, Tabasco, Tlaxcala and Veracruz. Thinking of a trip in July to Rocky Point. The US government is saying Dont go at all?? I stay out of areas that are dangerous. Taylor Meyer. As long as you keep an eye out for crime hotspots (like large swaths of deserted roads) it will help prevent you from getting lost in translation with Mexican law enforcement. Many roads are not well lit, increasing the dangers of hitting a tope or pothole. I have been to Mexico multiple times and while some areas can be beautiful, we have found that almost everyone there is trying to cheat you somehow. Youre not likely to be killed by an organized crime group in a resort city like Puerto Vallarta or Cabo San Lucas; instead, youre more likely to have your valuables stolen while in a touristy area during daylight hours. As a few other Western countries have done, we need to legalize drugs and take away much if the profit motive for the cartels. One more scary thing.. Kidnapping? I suggest Belize and if you are adventurous ditch the beach and stay in the jungle at Kaana Luxury Resort. Every city and country has places that are safe and dangerous. I was raised in Cancun. The most important thing to remember when traveling to Mexico is that for the most part, Mexico is safe if you follow simple rules of behavior. They couldnt wait to say Trump is racist towards black and brown people. Ixtapa is a place surrounded by a mountain range that descends to the sea and frames this wonderful town. With stories ranging from extortion to kidnapping, the police in Mexico and the rest of Latin America do not have the best reputation. IT IS NOT SAFE!!!!!! I feel like just staying at the resort and Evan so , question our safety . No matter where you go, always due your research before you go. What advice can you give me? Avoid back roads and nighttime driving and hire taxis and driving services through the hotel where youre staying. Whoever wrote this pathetic article is a fucking joke. There is a criminal element no matter the destination and take the same precautions you would at home. The State Department recognizes that most of the crime in this region seems to be tied to criminal organizations turf battles between criminal groups which have resulted in an uptake of violent crime in areas frequented by U.S. citizens.. With that said I leave for Mexico in early June. Planning on visiting ifrom end of Nov First few weeks in Dec. This Mexico safety guide and travel advisory for Mexico will answer all of the following questions so you will plan your vacation accordingly and click on the link for specific Mexico travel warning: Again, for the latest travel warnings and alerts make sure you are receiving accurate information by going directly to the U.S. Department of State website to find the latest and up-to-date information regarding Mexico Travel Warnings. We asked about safety on Mexico's highways. Here's what readers said The Mexican government is highly motivated to keep tourists safe in order to preserve the tourist trade but you must also do your part when traveling to Mexico, Here are some precautions that you can take in order to make sure your. If it is a minor infraction dont bribe them, even so, it is possible that they ask for some money, the amount depends on the seriousness of the infraction, if you passed a red light it is better if they only give you the traffic ticket, If you drive without a license, the car must be impounded and the fine is higher, in that case, I suggest you offer $ 200 pesos (if you look Mexican) if you are blond with blue eyes maybe about $500 pesos, If you are stopped drinking alcohol in the street, the fine is $ 1500 pesos or 24 hours of jail, you will probably have to pay your full fine, Those are the most common crimes for which a police officer can pull you over, obviously, if you steal or kill, the amount will be considerably higher. More Americans Are Murdered in Mexico Than In All Other Foreign Countries Combined. While most officers will not do anything illegal beyond soliciting bribes for traffic violations, they most certainly can act above the law when they really want to. Is it safe to drive through Mexico at night? Statistics show the truth, migration shows the truth. Oaxaca Protest Signs by katesheets (CC BY) Like Mexico as a whole, some parts of Oaxaca are not safe. States consider 'safe injection sites' to prevent overdoses I was traveling solo in Palenque on my way to Guatemala. Some areas have increased risk of crime and kidnapping. You will also be told what you did wrong. Thank you for the great information. Should my friends be concerned and how can I convince them it is safe? Reconsider travel to Mexico due to COVID-19. The Mexican government is highly motivated to keep tourists safe in order to preserve the tourist trade but you must also do your part when traveling to Mexico. You can save time by filling out the Immigration Form (s) online. In fact, there are multiple reasons why visiting Mexico should be on your bucket list. I know the terror it feels to know someone tried to kidnap your nephews.

Kobalt Vs Husky Tool Box, Articles I