Here are some ideas of how to respond to "Did you miss me?": 01 "I'd give anything to have you by my side again. 2 Chronicles 32:2426 They had to act with obedient faith. We apologize for the change in plans this close to the date. Clearly, Jesus was pleased with his expression of thanks and grieved at the absence of the other nine (17:17-18). It just expresses your wish for them to be happy & well. But if youre grateful because youre blessed, then why not just say youre grateful instead? You have a good day also. Or something to that effect that leaves no doubt as to your intention. Feel free to share any similar experiences. He is the eternal God who willingly left the glory of heaven to come to this sinful earth and suffer and die for us. PLEASE HELP!!! 4. Have a beautiful Sunday! We are not told whether the ten lepers had a debate about whether or not to go. Oct 15, 2019. 3:17). These Africans understand what thanksgiving is and why its difficult for us: at its core, thanksgiving is an act of humility. "I wish you, too" sounds a bit strange to me as a AmE, "Same to you" is not super natural. His holiness demands that He judge sin, but His mercy is the predominant and leading attribute. So, I agree with you some people are saying "I want you to know that I'm religious" or "I want you to know that I'm a Christian". If these lepers had thought, We may be sick, but were not all that bad, they wouldnt have cried out to Jesus for mercy. Someone asked, Did God answer your prayer? Oh, no, the man replied. Many professing Christians use God to meet their needs, but they dont live to glorify Him. Thank you for your interest and comments! The best ways to respond include "I'm so lucky to have you too," "I appreciate you saying that," and "that means a lot to me." These are great ways to respond because they show you care about the other person. It acknowledges our debt to the other person. If it is an everyday person I just take it to mean they are wishing me well, and I wish them well back. Thank You. 3. 10:12-13). Have a blessed Sunday! I've had this thought on my mind for a few months now and wanted to get it written down and then presented to some fellow Atheist-Humanists. by Derrick | May 9, 2018 | Humanist Living | 12 comments. Why? It was a time when many people were dying from a plague and they thought the sickness started with a sneeze. Ego can be irrational and it may be an indicator for a mindset that is based on logical fallacies. - Unknown. If someone wishes you 'Merry Christmas', it's a reasonable assumption that they are Christian, or that they do at least recognize and celebrate the Christmas holiday, so it's fine to respond with 'you too', or more properly, "Merry Christmas to you too!" Seattle, Washington(WA), 98106. Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. As they were going, they were cleansed. If youre not wiccan, say thank you. Well I hope you never lose that blessing. The proud refusal to acknowledge our true condition as spiritual lepers is one of the main reasons people do not receive Gods salvation in Jesus Christ. Es ridculo que t ______ (tener) un resfriado en verano. this is also mentioned by @JonLarby in the comments. It drives me crazy. Thank you for your comments, Gary. He is full of mercy. It is part of a longer ritual which is included in some Gardnerian Wiccan initiation ceremonies. In fact, Jesus calls him a foreigner (only occurrence of this word in the NT), a word that was on the signs prohibiting foreigners from passing the inner barrier of the temple (Josephus, Antiquities 15.11.5, 417; Jewish War 5.5.2. Today like many days I been told have a blessed day by someone just being friendly. The first step to receiving Gods blessings is to acknowledge your desperate condition before Him. Whether you are a believer in Jesus Christ or a person who does not even believe in God, the fact is, God has blessed you far more than you realize and far more than you deserve. He is traveling somewhere along the border between Samaria and Galilee, where He enters a village and encounters ten leprous men. We should respond to Gods blessings by glorifying Him at Jesus feet from thankful hearts. So do we! A feast unto the Lord? For the most part, I've only got a problem when some religious solicitor is just trying to push their message/pamphlets on me. "Thank you". Welcome to r/atheism, the web's largest atheist forum. I'm So Lucky To Have You Too "I'm so lucky to have you too" is a simple response. This has been going on for about a week Every time I try to watch a video on Youtube from my laptop I get instantly redirected to "gslbeacon.ligit.com." Luke is the only gospel to use this word in addressing Jesus, and every other time it is used by the disciples. Privacy Policy. At the very least, stop, look at the person directly, and say in a calm, clear, friendly voice, I appreciate your intention but Im not religious (or better, Im an atheist). He blesses us with numerous benefits. 5 Answers There is no word like addressal. 2:11-14). 3. Saying that youre lucky actually seems to be a bit more accurate (and humble, for those who like that word better) and overall inclusive, than saying that youre blessed. If the nine were Jews, their common tragedy had broken down the traditional separation between the Jews and the half-breed Samaritans, who were considered as Gentiles. When you say that youre blessed, it implies that your circumstances happened to you on purpose. Luke again picks up the journey motif, of Jesus proceeding toward Jerusalem where He will meet with His appointed destiny. How can a habitual grumbler learn to be a person of praise. to the empployees was very informative. We think were worthy of being healed. They knew that there was nothing in themselves to earn healing or to commend them above others. Lets never allow Gods generous blessings tohinder our relationship with Him. Calculate the pH of a solution of 0.157 M pyridine. Method 1 Thanking God Directly 1 Thank God continuously throughout your day. Wesley discovered that the man had only one coat and that nothing had passed his lips that day, except a drink of water, and yet his heart was full of gratitude to God. To think that you are basically okay in Gods sight is a sure-fire way to receive nothing from Him. "You too" is a safe and appropriate response, I've been doing that in response to various holiday well-wishings for years (around here, you say 'Happy Holidays', you're likely to get a sermon). Wigington, Patti. United States. To Ill pray for you, I respond thank you, Im sure you are. With bless you, this phrase in my opinion is harmless, so I simply say, thanks., I just let it pass. Her invocation ended with: You may decide that you'd like to use "Blessed be" outside of ritual, but only with other Pagans and that's okay too. If before his voice had been hampered by leprosy, it was freed up now and he exercised it with full force! Even though I'm atheist, it doesn't really bother me when people say they'll pray for me or bless me or whatever because I believe they have good intentions and that's all that matters. Thanks Griffin, Ive gone ahead and emailed you. So if the word blessed means to be made holy or consecrated, then I suspect that most people dont mean to use the word in its literal sense. Genesis 14:17 -24 "After his return from the defeat of Chedorlaomer and the kings who were with him, the king of Sodom went out to meet him at the Valley of Shaveh (that is, the King's Valley). They go . Situation 1: A:I am going out of town for training next week. Others may have been embarrassed by his exuberance, but he didnt care! William Barclay (The Daily Study Bible: Matthew [Westminster Press], 1:295) describes the hideous progression of the worse form of this disease: It might begin with little nodules which go on to ulcerate. to the Lord. Truly, we serve a generous and compassionate God! Why is my internet redirecting to gslbeacon.ligit.com and how do I STOP THIS. Do you value reason, science, and compassion? Learn Religions. Just saying thanks or you too merely emboldensif not enables these folks, as it reinforces their notion that EVERYONE is religious and accepts religion as a normal, healthy part of everyday life. Because really if someone said that to me, I wouldnt be sure what they were meaning. We may be fooled into thinking we're happy for a while, but eventually it will fold in on us because true happiness can be found only in a relationship with our Creator. The blessing is in the seed.". I am not worthy. Psalm 8 This is how we should feel in response to our gracious Lords many blessings. Only one was curious, pleasant, and discussed it with me; the rest got defensive. I usually say with a smile on my face -- I guess that's better than having a cursed day. depends on what faith you beleive in! Put it this way: If you were the only person in the world, the idea of feeling blessed would be kind of meaningless. (Matt 6:6) Thank you for your teachings! Do not leave out the venue. The only proper response is to glorify Him from a thankful heart. When blessed is used as a verb, it is pronounced with one syllable (blest). I'm blessed. I was thinking exactly this. Just as these lepers did not first try to clean up and make themselves presentable, so we are to come to Jesus just as we are. To top off this miracle, God turned back the time on the sundial of Ahaz as a sign of promise to the King! All the best, Craig Dear Martha, I am very well, thank you. Only one of the ten responded properly. Give Him glory! Posterior Thigh _____ 4. As Hezekiah came to the end of his life, God sent the prophet Isaiah to him to tell him this was the end. All free printables offered are for personal use only. You too? May God hear all your prayers and grant them all! We should respond to God's blessings by glorifying Him at Jesus' feet from thankful hearts. But after reading and watching The Handmaid's Tale, it does creep me out a bit. He had to wear torn clothing, have his head uncovered, cover his lips and shout Unclean! We must spend much time at His feet. But even though in one sense all ten lepers illustrate saving faith, in that they took Jesus at His word and acted upon it personally, in another sense the nine fell short of saving faith. If The Foundations Be Destroyed, What Can The Righteous Do? So I mentally re-translate it as . "Some wish blessings, others pray for them. 3. To glorify God is to extol His attributes and His actions. The proper response is to determine immediately if the pagan girl saying it is hot. Thanks for commenting Malcolm, we have several meetups listed at https://www.meetup.com/HumanistOhio/ each and every month. You hope for them to be blessed too. Subscribe to our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our community--including opportunities for you to get involved! Pronouncing the Word Blessed. and that is said what works for one human may not work for another and to critize that is inmoral to me! At least they are not saying kiss my behind., Responding to bless you, you could say, I dont need to be blessed if you wanted to be rude, or if someone says, have a blessed day, you could say, you have a good day too. You could also say, I dont believe in any religion, so Im just going to say thank you. If someone says, Ill pray for you, I might say thank you, but Im not religious., To bless you or have a blessed day, I say nothing really. impersonation or misrepresentation, fraud or phishing, etc. And frigg grant you wisdom. Copyright, Steven J. Cole, 1999, All Rights Reserved. Give Him glory! I believe its a mistake if you pray for something for 10 years and then only thank Him for 10 minutes. Psalm11:3. That sense of need leads to the second step: Among other things, leprosy attacked the vocal chords so that these men probably could only make a raspy sound. 5. They're simply wishing you well. Big blessings should be answered with big praise, gifts, surrender, etc. This time of year?Happy Hogswatch.Happy Yuletide.Io Saturnalia.Seasons Greetings.etc. Blessed be thy third eye, that sees all. If they had lost fingers and toes, they were restored. Discuss the implications for witnessing: The refusal to see ourselves as spiritual lepers is a major hindrance to salvation. " "And he blessed him and said, "Blessed . "You are a blessing to my mornings.". Because of this, I question the authenticity and motive behind those who claim that theyre blessed but say it means theyre grateful. If you can feel gratitude for just being alive right now, then what makes blessings so exclusive when it comes to gratitude? Patti Wigington is a pagan author, educator, and licensed clergy. For access to more full-length tutorials, visit P. JavaScript is disabled. Does this mean addressing to a crowd? These two responses, the proper and improper, are illustrated for us in this story of Jesus cleansing the ten lepers. They mean well. They are being friendly in their own language. Some people don't think so. It thanks them for the sentiment, but is . If you always feel gratitude, then is it intellectually inconsistent to single-out a certain circumstance as a moment to be grateful? Like many other phrases in the Pagan lexicon, there is no universal rule that you must use Blessed Be as a greeting or in a ritual context, or even at all. God does indeed lavish blessings upon us, but not in the way most of us like to think. Calculate the pH of a solution of 0.157 M pyridine.? I point out four lessons from this story: Let me review some things from our lesson in Luke 5:12-16 concerning leprosy. The mans position on his face at Jesus feet also shows the proper attitude of humility that should characterize those who have been healed by His mercy. In the Bible leprosy can refer to a number of skin diseases, but in its worst form, it was what we know as Hansens disease (R. K. Harrison, The New Testament Dictionary of New Testament Theology, ed. http://www.PianoClubhouse.com This is a tutorial/how to play "IM BLESSED", by Charlie Wilson ,featuring TI. It is regarded as a sacred and spiritual phrase, and not something that you might shout across the parking lot at the pet store, or to an acquaintance at a social gathering, or a coworker on the elevator. As I have never heard the expression. Good Morning and Happy Sunday. You Too. But, in spite of that, the cleansing of these lepers pictures what God does to the souls of those who call out to Him for salvation. And do not neglect doing good and sharing; for with such sacrifices God is pleased. Every day we should be filled with gratitude for all that the Savior did for us when we were spiritual lepers before Him. It's often used as a greeting, and to say "Blessed be" to someone indicates that you wish good and positive things upon them. If you have a response to our question above please feel free to leave it in the comments section below. It is the proof of our faith. Blessed Be. It is part of a longer ritual which is included in some Gardnerian Wiccan initiation ceremonies. When people call me out for this I always say something to the effect "Wait, I'm sorry you just look kinda Jewish." How do you respond to Ill pray for you? I doubt if he understood the deity of Jesus, but nonetheless, he took the proper place of worship at Jesus feet. We have many other blog posts where you could share experiences and thoughtful advice. Oswald Chambers observed, The great difficulty spiritually is to concentrate on God, and it is His blessings that make it difficult. Completa las oraciones con la forma correcta del presente de subjuntivo de los verbos entre parntesis.? I barely tolerate them. It may not display this or other websites correctly. 35.4m members in the AskReddit community. I just say "thank you" and "you too". He is abounding in riches for all who call upon Him; for whoever will call upon the name of the Lord will be saved (Rom. He Already Has. I just respond with a smile and say something like "You have a happy day, too.". Just as only God could heal this dreaded disease, so only God can heal and cleanse the human heart from the awful disease of sin. But Hezekiah rendered not again according to the benefit done unto him; for his heart was lifted up: therefore there was wrath upon him, and upon Judah and Jerusalem. Besides, it pays to keep one's energy positive even when others are being dickheads. Although on level it is a benign way of wishing you well, it's also a "dog whistle" technique by which they are sounding you out to determine whether you are part of their "tribe." Thirteen years before his conversion, John Wesley had a conversation late one night with the porter of his college that deeply impressed him and convinced him that there was more to Christianity than as yet he had found. Before Isaiah had left the building, the Lord tells him to go back to the king and say that his prayer was heard. "How's it going?" The informal cousin of "How is it going" The problem with thinking God has your back is that its actually kind of disgusting. However, if you view a blessing as an award for how good of a person you are (and I hope it does) then wouldnt you feel a bit guilty for implying that your life is better than others? Your email address will not be published. Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Bible Verses About Salvation That Everyone Should Know. It must have been a marvelous experience! It's those people who should inject the latter part to descibe how the actually feel. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising.

Vizsla Breeders Yorkshire, Tides For Fishing Huguenot Park, Articles H