Very nice post! Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting.I wonder how so much effort you set to create any such excellent informative website. Thanks! This was unexpected! Pele is said to be the daughter of the Earth Mother and fertility goddess Haumea and the Sky Father and creator deity Kane Milohai.The two deities are also called Papa and Wakea respectively.. Pele had five other sisters and seven brothers. A fight between the British and the Hawaiians ensued, and Cook was eventually killed while taking part in the battle. Kane is the father of Pele and in various myths owns a seashell which when placed in the water grows into a boat for travel between the islands. Luckily, her elder brother, K-moho-ali'i, was a great shark . He is one of the four major gods of Hawaii: Kane, Kanaloa, Ku and Lono. I really liked ur Korean and Vietnamese myth stuff 2! I dont follow tennis at all, so I was not familiar with Victoria, but I thoroughly enjoyed the article. These beings were greedy humans cursed by Kamohoto periodically transform into sharks. Great to read this. Mo'olelo, ka'ao, myth, and legend enfold Mauna Kea like the clouds . In a myth, Haumea had a magical stick known as Makalei, which allowed her to change from an old woman into a beautiful young girl. . i would luv to make a pretend theme park on these gods and goddesses. The Hawaiian fertility goddess, Haumea has various forms and identity in mythologies. Hawaiian gods are even more awesome than Greek or Egyptian! Here, Hawaiian mythology is not just some relic of a distant past, but a very present spiritual belief among many of the islands indigenous natives. These gods and goddesses are so exciting! 11. She isnt known throughout the rest of Polynesia, except in Tahiti by the name of Pere, the goddess of fire. [1][2], She is the daughter of Ku-waha-ilo and Haumea, whose other children are Pele, the Hiiaka sisters, the Kama brothers, and the bird Halulu. These gods and godeses are as interesting as any others from the world. Loved your defense of these figures as gods! The many myths in his saga involve his evil step-fathersattempts to have him killed as a child , his slaying of the dog-man creature Kuilio and his wanderings from island to island, marrying the daughters of chiefs and fighting their fathers enemies. For a quick pop culture reference think of him as a combination of Wolverine and the Incredible Hulk when hes enraged. We share transformative Responsible Travel, Sustainable Living & Going Green Tips that make a positive impact. Glad to hear it! What a wonderful and exotoc world of underappreciated myths youve opened up for people here. Hawaii is an intriguing place! A cave led to her realm and the mouth of this cave was guarded by twogigantic lizards. Wars between tribes and island groups were common, so the war god maintained a high status in the pantheon. According to the myths, Kane lives in a floating cloud between earth and heaven, located at the west of the Hawaiian island, off the coast of Kauai. . People offered prayers, kapa cloth and mild intoxicants to the god. Thank you for the nice comment. In some Hawaiian legends, different forms Namaka takes are the cliff and the ocean. That sure is a detailed pantheon of gods! Many people in the tourist industry have a strong resistance to ancient Hawaiian culture. Between the 4th and 7th centuries CE, Polynesians settled in the region and introduced the worship of the four main godsKane, Ku, Lono, and Kanaloaand several lesser deities. In Hawaii, Ku was linked with male fertility and the husband of Hina, and the two were invoked during rituals. Juturna (Roman) - Goddess of fountains and wells. Very very awesome! These clashes between elements show the difference in the temperaments of fiery Pele and snow goddess Poliahu. In Hawaiian mythology, Nmaka (or N-maka-o-Kahai, the eyes of Kahai) appears as a sea goddess in the Pele family. -Julia. Poli'ahu is the oldest daughter of Wkea and Kne who dwells at the summit of Mauna Kea. During his stay in Hawaii, the people eventually realized that he was a mere mortal. Ive ordered several books on Hawaiian myths now that I know they have such a rich heritage. Yes, they believed him to be the god Lono. KAMOHOALILI Hawaiian shark god who was the chief of the many lessershark deities in the Hawaiian pantheon. I do accept that some people may prefer different shortenings, like with the Shinto storm god. Thanks! NEW This list was so popular I did a sequel with eleven more Hawaiian deities when youre done with this list click here: https://glitternight.com/2011/03/02/eleven-more-deities-from-hawaiian-mythology-2/, Shinto Myth https://glitternight.com/shinto-myth/, *** FOR THE GODS OF OTHER POLYNESIAN ISLAND GROUPS , KOREAN DEITIES https://glitternight.com/2011/03/24/the-top-11-deities-in-korean-mythology/, NORSE DEITIES https://glitternight.com/2011/04/10/the-eleven-most-neglected-deities-in-teutono-norse-mythology/, INUIT DEITIES https://glitternight.com/2011/06/06/the-top-12-deities-from-inuit-mythology-2/, HINDU DEITIES https://glitternight.com/2011/07/05/the-eleven-most-neglected-deities-in-hindu-mythology/, NEW!!!!!!!!!! The goddess discovered that mortals gave birth by cutting open the mother, similar to the cesarean section. Brother to Lono and Kane and husband of Hina, Ku saved the other Hawaiian deities on numerous occasions when wars broke out. Shes the Hina-uri of New Zealand, the Hina-Oio of Easter Island, and the Hina-Tuafuaga of Tonga. He also became associated with the forest as K-moku-hlii, or Ku the island spreader. You can link to the article and/or to my main Hawaiian Myth page if you like! Sorry hectic time of year I will post the name ASAP. However, his position of authority and roles vary from one island group to another. Thanks for posting this interesting information for us! In Samoa, hes known as Tagaloa, who fished up the stone from the bottom of the ocean, which became the first land. Haumea has two Moons Hiiaka and Namaka. She is known by many different names including Ninianne, Viviane and Nymue. She is the creator of volcanic landscapes, and embodies a volcanic temperament herself. I love mythology and Ive been meaning to get into Hawaiian Mythology for a while now. When Pele causes a conflagration by staying too close to the fire god Lono-makua, Nmaka drives her away (Beckwith 1970:170). ", while the article on Haumea claims the Kane was the father. This article states: "She is the daughter of Ku-waha-ilo and Haumea, whose other children are Pele, the Hiiaka sisters, the Kama brothers, and the bird Halulu. He has been involved in several other adventures, and notably tried to secure immortality for humans (but ultimately failed). You give Pele the respect she deserves! When the close proximity and constant lovemaking ofPapa and Rangiwas preventing the birth of all the deities who had formed in Papas womb Kane was the god who separated them by growing upward like the trees he is the lord of, keeping Earth and skyseparated and allowing himself and all his siblings to be born (though one lone deity, Luau, remained in Papas womb and his stirring is the cause of earthquakes). He betrayed Namaka by taking Pele as his wife. Which ones count as Polynesian? I add comments about how Tii Tii comes from the long version of Mauis name Maui-Tii Tii and-more-and-more. I think Lucas is, he is perfect for her, unlike Derek he change her emoshions and she might even have strange feelings cuz he is controling her feelings.Lucas is great strong and caring he wrote her letters so i think Lucas is perfect. Myth is often mo'olelo. In some myths Hunamoku is also the home of all the heavenly gods, sort of like Asgard in Teutono- Norse myth and Mt Olympus in Graeco-Roman myth. I have learn some good stuff here. The priests also prayed to Lono for rain and an abundance of crops, especially during rainy seasons. Namaka, the Spirit of Water, Hawaiian Goddess of the Sea. That was very nice of you! The Hawaiian god of agriculture, Lono was associated with fertility and the heavenly manifestations of clouds, storms, rain and thunder. She is the daughter of Ku-waha-ilo and Haumea, whose other children are Pele, the Hiiaka sisters, the Kama brothers, and the bird Halulu. The red lehuablossom is sacred to Lakaand isamong the flowersused to decorate hershrine, kuahu, in the halautemple. Completely on point! The flowers as well as the songs sung during the hula dance are dedicated to Laka. Kanaloa: The God of the Ocean Kanaloa is the god of the sea and the underworld. The Hawaiian god of war, Ku is commonly known as Tu throughout Polynesia. The four main gods (akua) are Ku, Kane, Lono and Kanaloa. Find Water Goddess stock photos and editorial news pictures from Getty Images. I will be covering the full story of Hiiaka and her quest on my upcoming page on neglected epics. ; Mazu, goddess of the sea and protector of seafarers. Every wave you see, every sacred creature of the ocean reflects the spirit of Namaka. Eventually Kane, aschief of the gods, ordered Kamoho to stop shielding Pele. Its water was considered pure water of the gods. The 8 islands are all volcanoes that run along a fault line, some of which . My students will love this article! What about Mako? According to ancient legend, Namaka was married to the mighty sorcerer, Aukelenuiaiku. Would you be desirous about exchanging links? Ka'ao, a less well-known term, is a bit more narrow in concept. Hes known as Wakea in Hawaii and the rest of Eastern Polynesia, but hes called Mangaia in the Cook Islands. It had been the war-god of the Hawaiian kings for many generations, and . 17th 18th c . Tagged as Hawaii, Hawaiian Islands, Hawaiian mythology, Lono, Myths and Folktales, Pele. They were complete opposites and even though they were related, Pele and Namaka were enemies. T his artical on the top 11 Deities in Hawian mythology is truely remarkable. When the egg broke, it became the heaven and the earth. The water of Lake Waiau is worshipped as the most sacred. Some of those siblings include the Shark God Kamohoalii, the Sea Goddess and water spirit Nmaka or Namakaokaha'i, the Fertility Goddess and mistress . Thank you very much! When the people in old Hawaiians built a canoe they would invoke Kane's blessing for the building and Kanaloa's for its sailing. She is an older sister of Pele-honua-mea. I corrected Kamoho because I agree, cutting his name down that much does tend to distort the meaning too much. Helped by her family, Pele fights Namaka, but Namaka defeats her.[3]. --~Attributes and Correspondences~--. Never knew Hawaiian gods were so fuckin cool! Select from premium Water Goddess of the highest quality. They worshipped gods who took the form of idols, fashioned from stone, wood, shells, or feathers. Pele and her family lived on the island of Far Kahiki. One legend tells of a sledding competition between Poliahu and her sisters: when Pele is angered at losing the competition, she unleashes lava on the ground that Poliahu helps put out by releasing snow onto it. I really liked this article. Water Goddess of Sacred Lakes and Springs Coventina (Roman) She is the Goddess of the sacred spring sited next to Hadrian's Wall. It took some digging to come up with the full story and not just the metaphorical shorthand version that most books have. In a legend, Muleiula, the daughter of a famous Hawaiian chief, was about to give birth. Youve enriched me. Thanks for the kind words! When it came time to createhumans hesupplied the fertile soil to create them, his brother Ku sculpted the bodies and their oldest brother Kane breathed life into them. Naturally this warning was ignored, thetree was shaken by impatient humans and all the fish fell from thetree, escaping into the seafrom which humans now have to work to fish them up. She was also the sister of volcano goddess Pele, and the goddess of the forest. like what you are stating and the way in which That is why Kane isalsoknown asTane, Pele is also known as Pere, Ku is also known as Tu, Hinais also known as Sina, Lono is also known as Rongo, Tahiti is pronounced Kahikiin Hawaii, etc. READ MORE: Pearl Diving in Bora Bora, Tahiti. TheHawaiian goddess of fire and volcanoes, Pele often appears in myths in the form of a beautiful woman. When the egg broke, it became the heaven and the earth. Her children also include the sea goddess Namaka and Hi'iaka - the goddess of hula dancers, among many others. Amphitrite, in Greek mythology, the goddess of the sea, wife of the god Poseidon, I really love how it is simple on my eyes and the data are well written. Hawaiian mythology has hundreds of gods and goddesses, but of these, the following are some of the most important. Does this sound familiar to anyone? One Hawaiian creation myth involving Kane states that he created the first mans body out of red clay and his head from white clay. I like that info on Kamehamehas widow. The myth tells of how Pele led her people to a Landmass while searching for her own vocation. Tefnut is the Egyptian Goddess of water, rain, dew, moisture, moist air, and fertility. Then there are many lesser gods (kupua), each associated with certain professions. Thanks for the comment! Almost always appearing together in Hawaiian oral traditions, Kane and Kanaloa are contrasted visually-Kanaloa is tall and fair haired while Kane is darker skinned with curly black hair and thick lips (Thrum 1907)and rule over different parts of the natural world: Kane is the god of the land, terrestrial plants, sunlight, fresh water, and . As noted historian Herb Kawainui Kane stated in the PBS series, The Hawaiians, island natives believed that, The entire universe was an orderly, fixed whole in which all the parts were integral to the whole, including man himself. Kamohowas the brother of the fire goddess Pele and was considered the guardian god of the Hawaiian Islands. KAHOALI The god of sorcerorsand sorcery. Ancient Hawaiian legend tells of the Snow Goddess of Mauna Kea, Poli'ahu her name meaning cloaked blossom. Shes often appeased with offerings and devotees take care not to offend her. I did not know that about her. Answer (1 of 37): First, let's define "Hawaiians" - residents or peoples of native Hawaiian ancestry and heritage. The goddess of snow, Poliahu lives at the top of Mount Kilauea. Very perceptive site and a good post. It was thought that her strong emotions caused volcanoes to erupt. Please contact us at info@GreenTravelMedia.com for more info. She is also known for casting massive waves over the fires started by her sister as the opposing element to fire. Namaka's sister Pele, the Volcano Goddess gives birth to new rock formations and land with her hot lava and flaming spirit. Here you can find the translation for "Water" and a mnemonic illustration to help you remember it. Anzar, the god of rain, can be found in Berber mythology. I cant wait to read far more from you. They could be recognized by the large shark tattoos that Kamoho branded onto their backs. 7. May the Goddess smile upon your work here. You might enjoy my look at Samoan gods and goddesses as a subset of Polynesian Mythology. I dont own it but that was nice of you to ask! Just fabulous. Carusos Super Garcinia Cambogia isnt appropriate for Lonoliked to descend from the heavens on a rainbow and surf (Many figures in Hawaiian mythology surf. Haumea Goddess of Birth, Creation and Fertility in Hawaiian Mythology. Pingback: Tweets that mention THE TOP ELEVEN DEITIES IN HAWAIIAN MYTHOLOGY Balladeer's Blog -- Topsy.com. Pele has commanded much respect in the Hawaiian Islands, a region affected by volcanoes and fire. Inevitably hisvolatile naturewould antagonize his fathers-in- law and he would flee to another locale. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. He is symbolised by the squid or by the octopus. Did you like this article? It was called Kaili, or Ku-kaili-moku, and accompanied the great chief in all of his important battles. Thanks for sharing all this! From lush rainforests and spectacular ocean vistas to the desert landscape of Kau and the snow-clad summits of the tallest mountains in the Pacific, the Big Islands bevy of natural wonders make it a must-see for ecotourismaficionados. However, his position of authority and roles vary from one island group to another. Megan Shute for Only In Your, Keauhou Bay is in front of the Outrigger Hotel and Spa in North Kona and a popular spot to view manta rays. Thank you very much for these nice comments! I have never encountered that name as an alternate name for any of the shark deities, not even in other Polynesian Island groups. According to Hawaiian legend, Pele is the creator of the Hawaiian Islands . Unfortunately, before he could reach the mouth of the land of death the sun was entering through it, bringing daybreak to Milu and waking the goddess herself from her daytime slumber (in many versions the sunrise in the land of the dead prompts a bird to sing, waking Milu up). | Sha MacLeod, Author Everything's Better With Dragons, wooden windows london - my-woodworking.co.uk, THE TOP PANTHEONS COVERED HERE AT BALLADEERS BLOG | Balladeer's Blog, https://glitternight.com/2013/04/30/the-top-deities-in-samoan-mythology/, Losing Immortality at the Last Second | The Phoenix Series, TOP ELEVEN DEITIES IN AZTEC MYTHS | Balladeer's Blog, https://glitternight.com/2016/12/10/moana-fans-are-loving-the-tale-of-pele-and-hiiaka/, AZTEC DEITY TEZCATLIPOCA | Balladeer's Blog. Oya is an orisha of winds, death, and rebirth. Miluwould punish the souls ofthe wicked by feeding them on flies andbeetles, thendevour them after cooking them in her eternally burning oven. He is the god of wild foods and the forest. It begins with a creation story that is in some ways similar to the biblical story of creation. I had no idea that Hawaii had myths like this! In Tahiti, hes known as Taaroa, the creator god, but in New Zealand, he was regarded as Tangaroa, the lord of the ocean. In Mythology Kanaloa is known as Kne 's traveling partner. I placed her at number one because she is the most truly Hawaiian of deities, withno counterpart in other Polynesian island groups except in Tahiti, where she is called Pere, and may have been unknown even there until the era of European exploration of the Pacific Ocean. CHOCTAW DEITIES https://glitternight.com/2012/06/03/the-top-twelve-deities-in-choctaw-mythology/. She isnt known throughout the rest of Polynesia, except in Tahiti by the name of Pere, the goddess of fire. Another legend mentions that Nmaka's guardian dog, Moela is reduced to ashes when he touches Aukele (Beckwith 1970:348). The myth tells of how Pele led her people to a Landmass while searching for her own vocation. Namaka is often portrayed as the fierce goddess of the sea and feared for her power to create strong tides that destroy land. Namakas jealousy towards Pele has been said to cause riptides, swells and tsunamis. With a name meaning hog child, Kamapuaa was born on Oahu to humans and could transform from human to hog. Thanks! Nalani: This name denotes even girls can rule the world. She is very strong and competitive, spreading her volcanic fires throughout the land, even near the dormant and snowy Mauna Kea. A foil to Ku, the god of war, Lono is the god of peace, music, learning and cultivated foods. Polynesia. Keeper of the water of life : Kamooalii: King Moho, the God of Steam: Kanaloa : God of the Ocean: Kane : the Creator: Kane-hekili : Spirit of Thunder: Kapo: the Goddess of the South Pacific; Pele's sister: . which is how he metand marriedthemortal woman Kaikilani. In Hawaiian legend, Kanaloa would travel with the god Kane, and together, the two of them would help establish sources of fresh water. In Hawaiian mythology, Kamohoalii is the shark god and the elder brother of the volcano goddess Pele. After death virtuous souls would go to Hunamoku, Kanes paradisal island in the clouds. In fact, she is still a presence and influence in Hawaiian culture, and is arguably the most enduring . Thank you for this nice comment! The ancient Hawaiian religion is polytheistic, with four major gods - Kne, K, Lono, and Kanaloa - and thousands of lesser deities. I think this list is better than your first Hawaiian one. Hawaiian gods and goddesses are so awesome!!! As far as Im aware Mako is often part of the technical species name of a variety of sharks. Thank you for the information, its just im looking! Green Global Travel is the worlds #1 independently owned ecotourism website encouraging others to embrace sustainable travel, wildlife conservation, cultural preservation, and going green tips for more sustainable living. Cada vez que nos necesites ah estaremos con la profesionalidad del Servicio Tcnico Oficial que te garantiza el ptimo tratamiento del electrodomstico as como el uso de recambios originales. I love sharing my enthusiasms. Pele was the goddess of fire, while Namaka was the goddess of the sea. Not a bad start. Its said that the ashes and smoke from the volcano never come to the cliff, because the goddess Pele fears her brother. The priests even honored him in a sacred ceremony in their temples. In Hawaiian mythology, Kamohoalii is the shark god and the elder brother of the volcano goddess Pele. Im sending her the link to this post. Today, the Hawaiian religious practices are protected by the American Indian Religious Freedom Act. Subject: Gods and Goddesses appears in the legend: "Makuakaumana" in the book: Rice, William Hyde, Hawaiian Legends on pages: 126-140 HSL Call Number: H 398.2 R (OV) UHM Call Number: GR385 .H3 R5 1977 Subject: Gods and Goddesses appears in the legend: "The Gods Who Found Water" in the book: Westervelt, W. D., Hawaiian Legends of Old Honolulu Also called Rongo or Roo in southeastern Polynesia, Lono was also a god of healing. However, Laka shouldnt be confused with the legendary hero of the same namealso known as Rata. If you missed it, and if youre not well-versed in Shinto mythology I did a list of their major deities, too, here http://www.makethelist.net/the-top-10-deities-in-shinto-mythology/. As que no veo el problema en lo que he dicho ms all de haberte tildado de comercial. Hes known by his full name Lono-nui-noho-i-ka-wai, meaning Great Lono Dwelling in the Water. Her spirit lives within the water and the sacred creatures of the sea. egyptian gods - water goddess stock illustrations. I did not know the islands had such rich myths! Glad you liked it! The kinkiest myth about her involves the way she would take a man as a mate, have children with him, then when those sons were old enough to procreate she would restore her own youth and have children with those sons. I try to cover the less-exposed pantheons. READ MORE:The 20 Best Things to do in Kauai, Hawaii (for Nature Lovers). If you are a fan of reruns of the original Hawaii 5-0 television series you can tell them Balladeers Blog. This wife of the god Lonowas also considered the goddess of love and beauty. For more info you should search in google for: Nuestro tcnico le explicar los motivos por los cuales su frigorfico se ha estropeado, y tras realizar la reparacin del frigorfico le dar los consejos precisos para que realice los cuidados precisos para alargar la vida til del frigorfico. Te Fiti is a major character in Disney's 2016 animated feature film Moana.She is a goddess with the power to create lifean ability that she used to create the islands of Polynesia. PELE The Hawaiian fire and volcano goddess, as dangerous and uncontrollable as the elements she ruled over. The Eye of Kanaloa is an esoteric symbol associated with the god in New Age Huna teaching. Still we seem to ignore it, or worse yet pretend it never happened! Look for the face of Namaka in the ripples of waves lapping against the shore or in the foamy surf of the sea! An extremely powerful, unpredictable and unforgiving goddess, Pele was primarily associated with fire, thunder, lighting, and volcanoes. In 1778, the British explorer Captain James Cook arrived in Hawaii during themakahikifestival, so the people of the island initially mistook him as their god Lono. Along with Lono and Ku, Kane is the chief of the trinity of Hawaiian gods. Pingback: TOP ELEVEN DEITIES IN AZTEC MYTHS | Balladeer's Blog. A water goddess, Na-maka-o-Kaha'i is the older sister of the fire goddess Pele. He and Hina are seen as having control over the fertility of the earth, and together they make up the earth and heavens. Kanaloa was strongly connected with Kane, the creator of all life. wow! https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Nmaka&oldid=1104419570, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 14 August 2022, at 21:20. Wars between tribes and island groups were common, so the war god maintained a high status in the pantheon. The correct and only name would be Kamohoalii. Lady of the Lake (Celtic) - She gives Arthur the magical sword Excalibur. According to the myths, Kane lives in a floating cloud between earth and heaven, located at the west of the Hawaiian island, off the coast of Kauai. Thanks! I agree with you! She was also the sister of volcano goddess Pele, and the goddess of the forest. I really loved your info on Maui and I cant wait for you to hit other Polynesian Islands. I love mythology so this was wonderful to find this! Ku, like his brothers Kane and Lono, was a child of the sky god Rangiand the Earth goddess Papa. Have a great day! Follow. Thanks for the great website youve created. I thought this was a joke but I looked them up and these gods really exist. Its calledKane-huna-moku, meaninghidden land of Kane. However, what about the conclusion? She was famous for her bad temper that caused a lot of destruction. The Hawaiian god of the ocean and winds, Kanaloa was Kanes younger brother. Thank yo uvery much! Thank you just for sharing.It had been genuinely delightful reading with regards to your whole opinion of this specific area of interest.I had been trying to find this sort of write up fro some time,and gratefully i came accross your site.I hope you will keep assisting people in the same way in future also. The chief god of the Hawaiian pantheon, Kane was the creator and the god of light. Haumea was the patroness of childbirth invoked in pregnancy and childcare. by Bret Love; photos by Bret Love & Mary Gabbett unless otherwise noted, Filed Under: CULTURAL EXPLORATION, Ecotourism & Green Living Blog, North America, UNESCO SITES/HISTORY Tagged With: Hawaii, National Park, USA, Were Bret Love & Mary Gabbett, partners in life, love, business, and adventure. African mythology Yoruba mythology. of great informative web site. Its said that Papa gave birth to a gourd, which Wakea formed into a calabasha bottled gourd fruit. I bought three books about Hawaiian myths because you got me so excited about it! THIS IS SO INCREDIBLY COOL! Lady of the Lake (Celtic) - She gives Arthur the magical sword Excalibur. The Hawaiian god of the ocean and winds, Kanaloa was Kanes younger brother. In other Polynesian islands, Hina is called Ina, Hine, or Sina. Ancient Hawaiians worshipped several deities, with Kane, Ku, Lono, and Kanaloa as their chief gods. The rains are said to be Lonos tears over the loss of Kaikilani (though other myths say they are Rangis tears over being separated from his wife Papa). YOUR SAILING AND SNORKELING ADVENTURE BEGINS HERE! Its called Kane-huna-moku, meaning hidden land of Kane. Ancient Hawaiians performed religious ceremonies at their temples known as heiau. In some legends, shes identified with Papa, the goddess of the earth, and wife of Wakea.

Aoe2 Mongols Strategy, Articles H