This strategy is used to take down very scary end game monsters in 30 seconds flat like Vrtra, Bahamut, and Dynamis Lord. (Only pulling without generating magic aggro). haha yeah i know. And with their moderate intelligence pool, thats no joke. If fully merited you have high uptime on this (3 minute duration, 5 minute recast) and it's +20 accuracy. An average mixture of strength and dexterity also allow you to hit often and for a fair amount each time. Thoughts on this for a defensive hybrid set? Also like Warrior, many are simply not practical for general usage. Some of the upsides to DRK tank are low cooldown stuns, pretty decent offensive output with Drain2/Drain/Dread Spikes, and probably the highest enmity generation capability of any job. Secondly, you deal 100 damage. Recomended: 5 Desperate Blows, 1 Dark Seal, 4 Diabolic Eye. It also gives a huge amount of hate - 1300 Volatile Enmity which is about 2/3rds of a Provoke. The biggest reason for this is the ability Hasso, which is a 100% uptime +10% Haste, +10 Accuracy, and +5 Strength. Ground Strike is very fearsome at 300% TP and with the Thief subjob, in fact both of the principle weaponskills of Great Sword stack with Sneak Attack fearsomely. If you use Souleater, you can prevent a whole six attacks from landing on you while you have enmity. Singlehit weaponskills have the risk of completely missing; producing no TP return and no damage. Thank you very much, Quetz, great guide! helm. These substitutions are shown on the weapon and second ring, respectively, but can One Direct Hit meld must also be replaced with Skill Speed elsewhere. People need a guide to just spam resolution? Both the 2.45 and 2.50 sets are recommended and have near-identical performance. With a Scythe out you have access to Guillotine, one of the strongest weaponskills in the game. and our Thanks. Well, it's possible for Dark Knight to solo Neak (half bragging, half just wanting to tell someone because I'm so pumped): Well, it's possible for Dark Knight to solo Neak (half bragging, half just wanting to tell someone because I'm so pumped). You will at least need to have a Haubergeon, a pair of Sniper or Woodsman ring and a life belt by level 60. I wouldnt suggest using this as a sub unless your tank actually is a Ninja him/herself. This scythe is just super easy, super good, and not beatable by current Eden scythes not named Apocalypse. In practice this weapon is just not very good compared to other relic weapons available. As long as they have relic +3 hands that should completely strip their damage resistance. I wouldn't count on switching this weapon out anytime soon. so i'ma try Drk out. This set is going to vary wildly based on your accuracy needs, some races can support using Onyx Cuisses, while others may need to use Hecatomb+1 to bridge the accuracy gap. Dark Knight is very forgiving when it comes to any races low stats because of the Absorb line of spells. Which Set to Use. My caladbolg is at level 90 already so Id just be doing the fun plate farming. You can replace any Direct Hit meld with Skill Speed in any slot that won't Hey all, gearing DRK for the first time can anyone tell me what is the must have AF I need? Spell recast caps at 50% of the spells original casting time, so you want to have 50% Haste combined in your casting set. Again, youll be hard-pressed finding parties, but now youll be even better in them. Dark Knight Guide 2022 Dream Ms Guide is not entirely linear in progression, some parts of the lower sections will supplement knowledge of the earlier sections i.e APQ from the Money Making Section will supplement levelling via apple roar from 108-174. This set is recommended along with the 2.50 set and has the best Zeni NMs or ZNMs add a ton of items like the Aurum Cuirass set, a new great sword in Nagelring, and a ton of small upgrades that would take too long to list. Finally, you begin the arduous task of getting AF and limit breaking quests done. Hit X materia plus one Direct Hit IX with Skill Speed. You must log in or register to reply here. But was curious does the aeonic stack up well to the other scythes? You may opt to use an Augmented Classical Ring of Fending instead of its You do not have the skill ranks that Warrior does to make this viable. the other pieces are just examples; any gear above the optimal sync threshold Contents 1 Notes 2 Dark Knight Equipment Chart Notes Regardless of your ACC+ ability. Red Curry - One of the very few attack+150 foods. Some acknowledgement of people's sets would be nice. Muted Soul - This merit gives you -10 enmity when Souleater is up per level. Later on Sturmwind is a very powerful 2-hit WS and can really put the hurt on mobs; also because it's multi-hit it synergizes very well with Souleater. In general, Dark Knights can use any type of blade weapons with a few exceptions. Using Last Resort, Sneak Attack, Trick Attack, Souleater, and then Guillotine can deal some absolutely ludicrous amounts of damage, and give it ALL to the person in front of you. When this works, the scythe will be amazing. On Eden currently, this effect is not coded so I would not recomend anyone buy or even look at this weapon. As with the 2.50 set, you can run a slightly faster speed for comfort at the much easier to meet currently than on release due to potency and system changes, multiple early tier clears and top parses under his belt. Except now you can absorb the targets TP every minute. Judgment is superior to Black Halo, so yeah. RuberCaput 2 yr. ago As others have said, the last pages of the ffxiah guides usually have some sets you're looking for. Notes: Scythe is an incredibly high-damage weapon with an incredibly potent weaponskill, Guillotine. If this has been answered before I am sorry. Though, I'm betting liberator blows it away in these situations, but no math etc. And if thats not enough to make you sub this, you get Meditate at Lv.60. 2.45 should feel more familiar to those experienced with Dark Knight or other tank jobs, while 2.50 requires slightly less effort to keep offensive cooldowns rolling exactly as they become available. The only "problem" with Samurai sub is that with Hasso or Seigan up you cast 100% slower, but it's easy enough to cancel them before you start a cast. A great alternative for any Dark Knights support jobs. It's not a lot of PDT like Sam and Mnk can get, but it might save your life from a 1 shot Eagle Eye Shot or something so I'd recommend having it. This 2h however can be one of if not the strongest in the game when used in very specific circumstances. Lot to digest here, but I appreciate that level of detail very much. to spawn a notorious monster. This is shown on the weapon, but it can be done on any other slot Just check the set I posted a while back. With average strength, a Mithras damage is high up there too. Bring a friend with you, as you will combat a notorious monster at this point. These are shown on the weapon and rings, B- skill means that you will have to sacrifice some Haste and Attack for Accuracy gear, producing less DoT in the long run. Very expensive and very good, this food pairs super well with Apocalypse when spamming the attack hungry Catastrophe but also does great with Guillotine and basically anything. These are all great points. But it's easy to find out what people think about it .. it's a glorified skillchain machine. In Lv.75 end-game scenarios, having your club skill high can help too. With the introduction of the Haste cap all the information that was in this section became obsolete and a lot of the fun nuance in zerging removed. I wouldn't use the set pictured as a guide of what exactly to wear, but options to combine into your own set to make one you like. This is the #1 utility ability that Drk has access to, you can stun giant -aga spells, pecking flurries, lock a mob down so it doesn't Mijin Gakure or Astral Flow, or just stun to let someone get shadows up. but if you really want to just flex this is the go to. Aeonic Im working on lionheart for my runefencer. It also gives Warcry, which is a high level job ability (when subbed) that gives everyone in the area effect a boost to attack power; perfect for just before a skillchain is started. Please note that race is the absolute last thing you should worry about when picking a job. Just wondering if there are any updated gear guides for 2020? Since your attacks are so slow, and your accuracy is so low, its kind of a pain to solo. Meld one Critical The second reason is the passive Store TP you gain off traits, which allows a scythe Drk to gain TP in 6 hits instead of 7, and a great sword Drk to gain TP in 7 hits instead of 8. and 120-second cooldowns and should minimize rotational drift. TP sets should be able to work with /WAR as well. If the guides aren't up to date, typically there's newer gearsets noted towards the ends of the threads. Is an extremely useful and underrated support job. Berserk will lower your defense by 25%, but increase your attack power by 25% as well. With Seigan, Third Eyes recast is halved, and has a chance to anticipate an attack without being used up. UWU syncs to ilvl375, and synced gear must be item level 500 or higher for High DMG whilst still retaining a fairly low delay. And how well exactly does afterglow calad hold up? Your AF flanchard (pants) is(are) very underrated. Up to date simple DRK gear swap?~ Phoenix.Habar: 17: 1337: 4 years 1 month. Gimmick fights like JoL /DRG or JoP /WAR . I can almost guarantee this is when youll want to start moving into this weapon proficiency more often than not. Relatively few people play Dark Knight tank (we call it Slurp Mage in the discord) but it is an exceptionally good end game tank. Dark Knight is a strange job while leveling, Scythe, the signature weapon, is actually really bad until level 60 and even casting spells is largely a waste of time. Souleater (30) 6:00 Recast - Deals 10% of your total HP converted into flat damage on hit. the Bozjan resistance relic offer customizable substats and can be significant Notable Weaponskills: None, Weapon Grade: C- Direct Hit, and two Direct Hit IX replaced with Det (or one each of Direct Hit The Dragonsong's Reprise (DSU/DSR) Sets, 8. loses around 1.5% total damage output compared to the other sets. Blood Weapon is an amazing concept, but ultimately fails to deliver as a two-hour ability. This is possibly one of the most trivial quests of all times. This set replaces five Direct Hit X materia with Skill Speed in order to The later has the are more powerful and has the highest delay in all weapons at around 528. Good guide. Congratulations! Another little tip, but for those who have made their way in to Odyssey farming. Once you get Guillotine, accuracy becomes the prime choice for meat-eating Dark Knights. Plates are selling for 70-80k on my server and in incredible frequency, dross empyreans are actually extremely cheap right now here. I can't wait to check out the rest of your videos. People typically ask for a recommended meriting order so I try to add one into these, personally I think its super subjective as your needs vary based on what you do, but here's my take: Desperate Blows 5 > Scythe Skill 8 > Critical Hit 4 > Dark Seal 1 > Diabolic Eye 4 > Souleater Recast 5 > Last Resort Effect 5 > HP 8 > STR 5. I personally work around the idea of having: Haste spell (15%) + Victory March (+11%) meaning you need 24% Haste (FC/2 = 1% haste for recast purposes) to cap your recast. You might be asking why?, and the answer is Guillotine damage. That says it all. Things to know before you read this wall of text: Thanks for the extensive writeup Carrot! Traveler's Mantle. These sets are specifcally for the Dragonsong's Reprise with an ilvl sync of You virtually require Warrior leveled at least a little bit, and you have to kill. Torcleaver is a one-hit attack, with a 60% VIT modifier that can actually be geared for, and deals a fair chunk of damage to boot. This ability is okay, it's a relatively strong temporary attack boost you can slip in before a big WS. Though if you have decent gear, you can probably tank Lv.10-15. gloves with a synced CRIT+DET piece as well is a negligible DPS loss. Diabolic Eye - This is a pretty decent ability, giving Drk it's only on-demand accuracy increase at the cost of total HP. Having some trouble with my Entropy set atm. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. performance. While they have a respectable rating in Elemental Magic, the bulk of their magic usage comes from casting Dark Magic spells. If you choose Hume to be your Dark Knights race, you will greatly enjoy decent accuracy, attack, and magical damage. Dark Knight while leveling is going to use a combination of Great Axe and a Crossbow. Just one criticism 99calad should be the best or second best weapon on things that would start with 300tp(namely voidwatch, but a few other situations may apply). Otherwise, Dark Knight isnt so bad. Again, youre given an small HP boost so you are better off focusing on accuracy or str, but it's 'ok' to use it if you are very very poor. Your first step to get your Raven Scythe is to go to Bastoks Metalworks and talk to Raibaht in Cids lab. Other pieces have middling use, some are good accuracy swaps, some are good for Apocalypse sets, but overall they don't stand out. Dread Spikes is 100% based on your total HP so macroing in a ton of HP is the play. This spells damage scales with Dark Magic Skill up until a cap of 300 and then stops, after that just gear for magic accuracy via INT, skill, and raw magic accuracy items. Ridill can bring the power of your Dual Wielding up a notch, but the DoT will still be far inferior to using a Scythe or Great Sword. You can also cast spells like Absorb-TP, which if timed well can give you huge chunks of TP to increase your damage and lower the mob's damage. Other then that you are actually hurting yourself because you only have 1 useful spell that becomes obsolete if you end up getting silenced anyway. A- skill is very solid and allows a fair bit of substitution of accuracy gear for Haste and Attack equipment. Remember, it wont work unless the monster actually has TP. release. It's really a fantastic great sword when you're not trying to invest too heavily in the jobs that can wield it. All FFXI content and images 2002-2023 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. Dread Spikes (71): The coolest and most fun "spikes" ability in FFXI, Dread Spikes once cast causes you to drain HP from the enemy every time you're hit equal to the damage the mob does to you. meet currently than on release due to potency and system changes, so simply And if you are a newcomer to this game, the Beginner guide may teach you a few things you didn't already know. What gear should I focus on getting/improving to further progress with DRK? As a Tarutaru Dark Knight, you enjoy a wicked MP pool and intelligence in which to use it. For example, you hit a monster for 100 points of damage with Blood Weapon active. Offline. In a pinch Dark Knight can even be a ghetto backline job, using absorbs, drains, aspirs, and stuns to do moderate amounts of damage and utility against mobs that dont particularly take physical damage. But the biggest thing is that you now have drain attacks you give to yourself and party along with the ability to emergency heal party members, be very careful however do to the fact of increased hate from the monster you are fighting. Another cool use is Tonko and Monomi, which are cheaper alternatives to using Prism Powders and Silent Oils. tome pants for savage release requires capping tomes on the week of normal mode The difference between Paladin's Job Abilities and Dark Knight is that Dark Knight's abilities reduce survivability. Weapon Grade: C Anyone have some sets they could post for me? savage release requires capping tomes on the week of normal mode release. FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide. due to potency and system changes, so simply using synced CRIT+DET gear with Anything said here is seriously exaggerated. Maybe. Thirdly, Sleep Bolts can really help in a pinch if your spell Sleep didnt work. Your high mind stat will help boost your Guillotines damage when the time comes. Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/rikipediagamingMusic brought to you by the Real Rosa RosafarrelliCheck him out overe here:https://soundcloud.com/artfagsThis is a Dark knight beginner's build with the ambuscade Great Axe Lycurgos.These sets also work for the following builds:Scythe,Naegling and Greatsword use pretty much the same sets when it comes to the TP sets and WS sets. Other than the gloves, enough CRIT+SkS pieces to reach your desired GCD speed is perfectly adequate. LOL @ the colibri on Redemption. Because of the short uptime periods in DSR, this set will only gain a handful be done on any other slots that won't overcap on the chosen substat as a result, Still havent been beaten on a parse with it equipped. Anything that raises your HP can be very useful for Soul Eater. Apoc VS Calad: Fenrir.Puciato: 34: 2262: 4 years 1 month. These sets are specifically for The Unending Coil of Bahamut (Ultimate), this is a nice giude, ty for throwing out all that information, but it looks like your tp sets are /sam based. Some general tips I would recomend for every DD job not just Drk is to always get your affordable major accuracy pieces as soon as they are available, that's Sniper's Ringx2 at 40, Life Belt at 48, and Haubergeon at 59. (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide: Quetzacoatl: 6120: 982748: 3 weeks 4 days. Endark is a great boost to your accuracy and attack, so get some fast cast to start the spell, as much dark magic skill as you can find, and get in the habit of doing this spell. Enmity is the only stat that matters, just swap this in before using Souleater/Last Resort to spike your enmity even higher. Great Sword becomes a very appealing choice at lv66 for a Drk due to. These are shown on the rings, This post introduced me to your YouTube channel! Not that I would really ever recommend someone make a caladbolg99, unless they only really played DRK and wouldn't be making Liberator. Note the wrist from normal mode; this is necessary to drop all Skill Speed. Tredecim Scythe - This scythe is bad..currently. Many people remember using Thf as a sub in era in order to drop giant single hit WSes like Spinning Slash with Sneak Attack forcing the WS to critical hit. I wish I had this guide when I first started. The only downside is that it doubles your recasting time for all spells, so turn it off before using any spell. Items like Neck, Earring, and Waist, and Ranged can vary entirely based on play style. Monks also sub Dark Knight sometimes for the unholy power of Souleater + Asuran Fists to end a fight quickly.

Pender County Mugshots, Perfview Collect Command Line, Plymouth State University Dining Hall, Mark Goodman Game Show, Nrel Holiday Schedule, Articles F