Is the ttl on the laptop supposed to be set to 65? If memory serves me there are differences in interface names, etc between it and dad-wrt. that happened after the last update. To each there own. So far it is slower than my 4G phone. Cant remember pwn24k has access. Just dont go nuts. https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/592870205409353730. Im on a sprint unlimited LTE plan with 10 gig hotspot .Im wondering if I can bluetooth tether to my desktop pc and hide it . https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B559FIpi6uslN1BMMmRfcms0N0k/view, https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B559FIpi6uslNTFjb2ZQSW83bFE/view, https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Iptables_command, https://www.groovypost.com/howto/microsoft/make-windows-7-automatically-find-new-device-drivers/, https://helpdesk.privateinternetaccess.com/hc/en-us/articles/227852327-Setting-up-an-Asus-Router-running-Merlin-Firmware, https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/client-support/dd-wrt-openvpn, http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Iptables#Modifying_the_TTL, http://troypoint.com/how-to-install-exodus-on-kodi/, https://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/822055-revert-14-0-carrier-bundle-restore-personal-hotspot.html, Exclusive groovyPost Giveaway for WinX MediaTrans. Especially because I went over my hotspot data in the first week, and was throttled to 600kbps. PDANET has a WiFi Share option.. Or whatever its called it also changes the user agent string. Now with phone.. This is on BOTH iOS and android. Id like to skip using pdanet and get it to work via the first method if possible. Here in Hernando beach everybody is throttled. (Please read the manuals and wikis provided in the future. True HD (720p or greater) requires an extra $25 add-on per-line. I use it because of the speeds, latency, and ease on phone. I tried both the share connection under the status of pdanet adapter, and trying to bridge the connection between the pdanet adapter, and the ethernet adapter. at com.android.providers.settings.SettingsProvider.insertGlobalSetting(U Peoples biggest misunderstanding of this page is that its 2+ parts not just one. SPent half night repairing it, it didn't wanna get flashed because of.. Any help is appreciated. I couldnt readily grok how to reply to the author, directly, so Im dumping it here , Lucubrating? Without a reboot I can't connect to a WiFi, can't get ip address. Should I be worried? ), Do I have enter Could you enter recovery (the screen that lets you wipe stuff and re-flash) at all? Security > Firewall SPI Firewall > ENABLED Next go to, Administration > Commands Put in the commands below and Save Firewall and then run the command iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o `get_wanface` -j TTL --ttl-set 65 For some reason, it appears that my tether is still being tracked when I check my tether vs phone data usage. Type: REG_DWORD. I am already subscribed to ExpressVPN, for example. [code] I need instruction on other way to accomplish this. After reading again it appears that youre talking about tunneling into your home network to use your media when away from home. Got Zenmate VPN ($42/2 YRS) and also Easytether Pro for less than PDANet and now back up and running. Hey there. The TTL edit was the key that unleashed my digital boat from the docks of hotspot bay. You are VERY VERY incorrect on the limit of 90. Pdanet and easytether pro were both full versions. Looks like nobody cares about TTL on android. hello Junior you can download FoxFi for Android, Dee i have tried foxfi. How to change ttl to 65 - Network and Wireless Configuration - OpenWrt Honestly I dont use android as much as I once did. Again, Ive been able to change ttl, switch user-agent, add vpn in iosjust not change the apn settings like you have. That is what I want. Like XBOX thats why sometimes folks will see their hotspot data go up as well as the regular data. It would be nice to edit a bundle myself, yet until thats realized these 3 answers might help us in the meantime. Its been a while Im not even sure what driver it is these days. As far as PDAnet being listed as using almost all the datasame thing on my phone. Maybe even 68 because Im still unclear as to your setup. In the right pane, add the following value: Its a SM-327J Galaxy Emerge , rooted running stock 6.01 . So I feel that if you set it to 67 then you could use it indirectly with your rig like you started trying to do. Its what I got working first. you can change dun setting via adb shell. Much faster with USB tethering, which is why we would like to tether to a router and connect that way but still hiding our tethering. If I remember right it comes with most drivers on hand. So I can confirm that pushing Athens same bundle, but currupted, still makes it revert to the unknown bundle. Well, google has to know.. at android.os.ShellCommand.exec(ShellCommand.java:96) These things all work if you do it properly. Do you have a way to view the carrier bundle files?? This is the purpose of changing/hiding the header information including, but not limited to, the ttl (time to live) value. We do that when we need to use our desktop. Upgraded the firmware to ASUS Merlin. Since you said you make your own bundles, perhaps you could just upload one to google drive and post it here. I understand you headache but at least you arent at it alone as I. Ill try to get back soon. hopefully I will figure it out. Honestly I would avoid this unless all other means fail or you really need stuff like VoLTE (VoLTE might actually be included in the newer unknown bundles but I doubt it as I cant fathom a way to add the settings without editing the bundle) or any features that may require the actual current bundle. A lot of inspiration also came from @Mildew. What follows are a few observations. Chris pfsense is free jusT like all of the other nix. Editors Note:Before you use these tricks, make sure you dont abuse them. Which would mean four to be minimally optimal which would fix the theoretical in half but the unit would still introduce retardation as you touched base on previously. The idea is to tether a device capable of overwriting TTL and set it to +1 over what you expect the phone's TTL to be, so that when it is routed by the phone and the TTL is decremented by 1 it is then the expected value. In this case I think we will have to pass this on to jay as I dont use a Vpn on any devices except iOS and the above was my issue but on iOS. Why would a VPN hide your data usage? And Ive tried changing the proxy(Nothing happened) Ive also tried PdaNet (Nothing happened), Dun=0 method isnt working: Getting this message on ADB shell(error: device unauthorized. When you view it there will be the carrier.plist that is the generic carrier settings but at the bottom it has settings for each individual model. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. So I add to that: settings put global tether_dun_required 0 Not sure if its the battery or just done for. Ok. C:\Windows\system32>ping 127.0.0.1Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=100Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=100Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=100Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=100Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms, C:\Windows\system32>ping 192.168.0.1Pinging 192.168.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 192.168.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64Reply from 192.168.0.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64Reply from 192.168.0.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64Reply from 192.168.0.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64Ping statistics for 192.168.0.1: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 0msC:\Windows\system32>ping www.google.comPinging www.google.com [216.58.209.68] with 32 bytes of data:Reply from 216.58.209.68: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=57Reply from 216.58.209.68: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=57Reply from 216.58.209.68: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=57Reply from 216.58.209.68: bytes=32 time=22ms TTL=57Ping statistics for 216.58.209.68: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds: Minimum = 22ms, Maximum = 24ms, Average = 23ms. by DDK65JAG Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:20 pm, Post PIA has a Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android client which just works. The hard part was changing the firmware of an ASUS RT-N66U router I bought for this project. T-Mobile Ones unlimited data plan isnt quite as unlimited as advertisedespecially when it comes to tethering. Doesnt matter if you use fast.xxxx.com or alpha/beta BUT YOU CANT USE THE ORIGINAL HOTSPOT APN itll say mobile web or some shit. Elaborate because if you get more than 128 on the phone and covered all of the bases you wouldnt/shouldnt be having this issue. What can I do differently? I only got the indication from iTunes that it updated the carrier file. Like when you are on a call does it still say lte in the corner ever?? Im not Dave and I cant say that it wont but I cant Fathom it being faster when you add more overhead, destinations, and processes in general. With the phone it all depends on how the carrier recognizes tethering. Basically, the steps go like this sign-in to Slate, connect to your phones hotspot, then proceed through the settings (my previous post) to paste the line. They can be tricky. Ive really got to go though. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I flashed it to DD-WRT and set it up. And just because a provider doesnt care for certain operating systems installed on phones/tablets, doesnt not equal that they dont know about. The minimum available TTL is usually 30, equivalent to 30 seconds. I have linksys ea3500 running openwrt 18.06.0 on it. The implication being full speed and priority tethering without a plan that you can share with the house. Sorry I cant be more specific, I didnt takenotes while working on it and i havent touched it (aside from occasional reboots) in ~a year. I was told a vpn might help but I didnt know if a vpn would work if enabled on my phone, and I was hopping it would speed wifi Direct. And yes a VPN will work but you have to have it on the phone its self AND make sure that the tShes connection actually runs through the data connection WITH the Vpn which most phones do not do without tweaking (think tetherMe iOS). If I can fly under their radar using 300 GB monthly for all my devices, it still beats a 30GB limit. Had gotten by a few weeks with PDAnet+editing ttl trick until metropcs started tracking my data usage after I used up 30gb of 8gb plan and then throttled me. You could theoretically set a TTL as low as one second. Really g2g Still using same server and script as when I wrote. Used to work back in the day. That might help with resolving this important last step on a non JB. Thanks for this blog post and commenters. If you only do the VPN youll fail etc etc you must do everything needed. So I dont think its actually pushing through. But kind of complex to find, without your hint on location of the file to edit I couldn't google where it can be. I was also using Cyanogenmod when testing with the built-in hotspot utility. nknown Source:9) Luckily I had a donated Netgear AC1450 on hand. What do i put in the router and what do I have to do with the phone. At the very bottom of the Firewall - Custom Rules box place the text cursor there and press enter so there is a space between the last line and this new one, copy and paste this. Even that took work modify. can you refer me to a place I can get a better understanding on how to accomplish this workaround. I emailed them but they didnt get back to me. When it reads the sim it is going to look for the metro one. It really sounds like your carrier files are being ignored due to incompatibility or currupt signatures. USB Tethering with Verizon /w TTL bypass for mobile hotspot Neither one would allow a connection to be shared. Does not work. Im using the Router in a AP setting rather than Repeater Bridge. Nano is not a language, but I get what you mean. I just use the ASUS router as it comes from the factory, nothing changed on it. I've done this for ever and it's not going to be restricted to who you have but it will 100 percent get around any data throttling. I get great speeds on the device itself but when trying to tether to my laptop or another smartphone it seems like Im capped at 512kbps. Using puTTY or ssh, what do I put in my asus RT-AC68U router with merlin installed? killed write over permissions of all apps (but I suspect that it was just twilight interfering), then I was allowed to accept key. Custom rules is bug, TTL modification to cloak tethered packets - MacRumors Forums No nothing on the phone needs to be done, so long as you can turn on the wifi hotspot. Pash referring to masking settings, depending on pad net version depends on if you can access or if you have to mod a few strings. Have it 3 weeks so far. Used 80gigs last month without counting toward my T-Mobile hotspot counter. Also not sure how to sideload. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. tether router works well on some phones not at all on others, clockwork tether is a usb only solution, or just use the built in usb tether, the best option is to install a custom rom and just use that with the ttl trick, havent had a issue yet with metropcs and my custom galaxy s5, works via wifi and built in usb tether. My honest guess is you have the newest one for your device. Tutorial di bawah ianya agak teknikal. Others also add in browser user agent filters as well. Well show you three ways to get what you paid for while using mobile data on your PC. Normally it changes the ttl, and apn but in private mode?? I did a manual update of the driver. I tried the free version of PDAnet, and I can get unthrottled speed, but cannot share the connection with the router in order for other devices to use it. With you having the ttl set to 66 and it working in thinking that you must have another hop in line before it gets to the network server. Do they feel as guilty as you? blind stabs in the dark. The most data Ive used on a single line in a month was around 160GB. Yes it was in small text somewhere.. Oh well). think its build 10.3.1?? Alternatively I believe you could just delete the carrier bundle out of your back up all together and when you restore it it should be gone. My hotspot have been working well for the last few months on my Nexus 5x,plus Asus n31u router (w/ net.ipv4.ip_default_ttl = 65, bridge mod). Any help? After I hit enter I just see: doha_n:/ $, I was wondering if this means it came through or am I doing something wrong? Select Yes when prompted by installation options (install ADB and fastboot, install system-wide, and install drivers). Also im on metropcs(a T-Mobile mvno) and have used this trick on both T-Mobile and Metro, my current useage this month with 13 days to go is 658GB with my network eed verying between 17Mb/s and 45Mb/s depending on time of day, i had no issues useing this a year back on T-Mobile and have never had speed drop to below 4g speeds outside of network issues, because MetroPCS is a T-Mobile mvno and already has lower priority over T-Mobile data and the same 26GBs for them depriortizeing your data when under load i find it unlikely that amyone will be throttled to the speeds stated unless the system is heavily underload, something i have never encountered in my 4 years on both T-Mobile and MetroPCS.

Antique Cedar Chest Manufacturers, Teacher Evaluation Models Comparison, Quorn Advert 2021 Actors, Tanglewood Summer Camp Acceptance Rate, Articles C