However, radiocarbon dating in November revealed that the remains were far older than Murray. She would be happy and so would her family. It was her home away from home. Something that isnt surprising if you know Fred. Things that have and should be considered in her disappearance. City Paper has not independently confirmed those accounts, but upon hearing stories of Rauschs alleged behavior with other women from Renner, Pattison says she felt a responsibility to report her incident to the police again. They are also champions who overcame adversity. Fred Murray, and her boyfriend, Bill Rausch . Yes, I stayed at Wells River which is where EVERYONE stayed. I might be way off here but I'm trying to read a lot and figure out my theory :). Ariana Gordillo, who lived with Pattison, says Pattison was in a state of shock when she arrived home that evening and described the attack. One thing has struck me, which is that Maura was evidently intending to pay cash for whatever she was doing in NH, including whatever fuel she bought not long before the crash. I truly don't see how any rational person could read this stuff and still argue that Bill should not be considered a prime suspect in the disappearance of Maura. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. When reading the details JR has presented Im still shocked but sadly not surprised its definitely a case of reading between the lines here , we have never heard anything official about Billys alibi or clearance on this case. My hope is to speak candidly about who Maura was as a person vs this character shes been made into by people on the internet. Ive always assumed she was taking a break in a place she loved (her love of NH being something she often wrote me about), but I could be completely wrong. Basketball Interestingly enough, a contractor who had been passing by on Route 112 that night later reported seeing a young person moving eastbound on foot a few miles away from the scene of the accident around 8 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Performance/Dance Eventually, a state trooper showed up, followed by firefighters and an emergency medical service. And re notes, phone records, etc to your point fulk we gave them all that stuff. Beer I still dont know what happened, just like most of you. Food News Always. Bill Rausch goes on trial today, Erinn Larkin is his witness. City Desk New Hampshire League of InvestigatorsMaura Murrays damaged car, which was left abandoned after her disappearance. That said, Im not suggesting they are bad folks bc I dont know their reasons. It was 2004. It could be a generational thing with the older officers considering a printed out email a note. This was a big factor in selecting Sprint as a carrier when I first got my phone at West Point (hence the New City no.) Ive noticed many folks on line totally being unaware or misinformed of their relationship. Although that mindset is possible, there are other explanations that may be revealing. I believe the watch (I bought it at the cadet store at West Point) was with her necklace and possibly diamond earrings I gave her as gifts. During our time together over the holidays we had a really lovely time together. At the end of each day we would do a debrief of sorts over dinner or at the hotel once everyone was back together. Obviously, the best way to rule that theory out is to get the word out on Mauras case to ensure that EVERYONE knows who she is so we can find that good samaritan if they exist. But that charge was supposed to be dismissed as long as she maintained good behavior for three months. Maura's mom, Laurie Murray, and Billy's mother, Sharon Rausch, later told the Massachusetts Daily Collegian, the university paper, that the couple had had problems back in 2002 but patched things . Im unsure. The 6/8mi is what I have in my head as the distance to be from the accident scene to where 112 intersects with 116. She then went to a liquor store and purchased about $40 worth of alcohol, including Baileys, Kahla, and boxed wine. Considering her slim chances of survival, there have been multiple efforts to recover her remains near the scene of the accident. An Army spokesman writes in an emailed statement that they are aware of the indictment and will continue to review the information related to this case as it becomes available. The spokesman declined to comment further. Aside from being upset over the accident, Murray reportedly seemed fine when her father took her back to her dorm later that day. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns. I do know they listened to it bc I remember standing/sitting beside one or both members of the NHSP involved in the search and playing them the VM several times. Pattison was 22 at the time, working her first job out of college, and Rausch was a superior. When Renner was on Missing Maura Murray he talked about contacting this person to find out more information. Much like Maura Murrays mugshot, this image has been widely described as unsettling. ~ Gambling. It's been called the "the first crime mystery of the social media age" due to Facebook's launch 5 days before she went missing. Page Three The stretch of 112 was more isolated which is why it stuck out. Maura Murray Theory. Maura and Bill Rausch. If several of us were at the station, two would peel off. And by 7:46 p.m., Murray had disappeared. I wasnt able to stop listening to the VM and other things until I deployed to Iraq in 2006 where I was forced to focus on things that didnt allow me time or mental head space to think about Maura or much of anything else. He asked her if she remembered the day she came into the office after having been pushed down the Metro escalator at McPherson Square. After that we contacted a family friend at the FBI in the midwest who contacted his counterpart in NE, which generated an offer from the FBI to NHSP for assistance. Please bear in mind that he is answering questions asked. Many a reference to both of those in old letters as well. Beyond cute, 100%! It would be a dent in that carefully crafted image he spent years working on publicly, that he was also destroying at the same time behind the scenes. There was no note [that I am aware of]; however, there was an email. He also participated in a documentary series that aired on the Oxygen network in 2017. Raised in Hanson, Massachusetts, Maura was a student at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst, some 150 miles from the crash site in the New Hampshire village of Woodsville. I did find an email from 02 tucked into the pages of a basketball program that was beside her desk. New documents in Mauras case that I received today from the AttorneyGeneral! Working together I believe we will find Maura. The disappearance of Maura Murray is perhaps the most highly speculated case of the 21st century. Hacking was not as prevalent as it is today (assuming the was someone in her life that could hack into financial institutions). My mother also discusses the call. But on her way back in the wee hours of the next morning, she crashed her fathers car into a guardrail. At 7:46 p.m., the first responding officer had arrived on the scene. Mark Mcilyar Fitness Program for Men? We drove from Canada down to Mass and from VT over to Maine. I am sure that this man has bamboozled a great number of people, including his own mother, into standing behind him. I do not recall skulking any. Roaming data shows he was in western Maine shortly before this. Army Major Indicted in D.C. for Alleged 2011 Sexual Abuse Incident (Her relatives later said there was no death.) They helped with the search. Something I havent enjoyed being on the receiving end of. That said, special thanks to you and to Erinn for submitting those requests. It was the last recorded instance that she ever used her phone. Maura was the loveliest of girls, she really was. But since she had told no one of her plans and left without making a confirmed reservation, it remains unclear where she was actually going. I love the idea of reconsidering it. Yes. I think I talked about that in the ID discovery episode. Bill was in a manic, out of control state, on Feb 9th 2004, prior to Maura being considered missing by her family. That said, I remember taking my phone off the x-ray machine belt with my bag, belt, etc at the airport and seeing the notification I had a VM and then listening to it for the first time moments later. I met Butch but frankly have nothing negative to say about him given theres no evidence to suggest hes responsible. Perhaps, like in Rust Creek a local spotted a girl alone on the side of the road and pulled over to offer "help" while actually having evil intentions. In the same vein I dont see how it humanizes Maura to say that she and Kate had an orgy with respectable business men which was said by a common poster on this sub. That said, I recall vividly going thru security at OKC and then listening to the VM there. I was there, and everyday we would take multiple trips to the police station to check in. I stayed at Wells River with my parents, Fred, the McDonalds, and members of the Murray fam. Fred coordinated most everything altho obvi there was plenty of cross talk. A hotel room with your folks beats a crummy dorm room any day of the week IMO. In this instance, there is an actual person who drove me to the OKC airport. She also called a booking hotline for hotels in Stowe, Vermont, but again did not reserve a room. We learned of the three men at the party after Maura disappeared. Sprint had a national network. She was a record holder at her HS, D-1 college recruit and all around badass. I believe if not for that accident, she would be here today and none of you would know her name. She was one of a kind. I believe we confirmed that was unaccounted for as it wasnt in her dorm room. Maura Murray was a strong student and track athlete before her disappearance. Absolutely asinine to not look at BR and why MM is missing! It took about a year and a half from the time she reported the incident to police a second time to when Rausch was indicted. The Disappearance of Maura Murray - Journalism, by James Renner Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. I believe Bill Rausch was in town to retrieve his gifts to Maura by the time her first accident occurred, which I theorize he caused both of them. Most recently, in September 2021, New Hampshire State Police (NHSP) announced that human bone fragments had been found just 25 miles away from North Haverhill in the Loon Mountain area. Being 1,000 miles away when she disappeared, for one. and he is a different person to Rob McDonald. What are the chances that your boyfriend or girlfriend will go missing without a trace? I received the VM while going through airport security at the Roy Rogers airport in OKC, the morning of Feb 11.. bc after graduating I would be moving somewhere outside the NY tri-state area. Renner says multiple women whove read the blog and heard him speak about the case on a podcast contacted him to describe Rauschs erratic and at times violent behavior. Wasnt a new gas station. I dont recall the airline or the layover city off the top of my head. And Bill "would also refer to [the victim] during sex as Maura, the name of his ex-girlfriend who went missing in 2004. I recall standing beside her desk when I read/saw the email. I dont believe Maura did anything wrong. Maura Murray Update -- Bill Rausch's Alibi Prosecutors Podcast 11.8K subscribers Subscribe 211 5.2K views 2 years ago Was Bill Rausch in Oklahoma on February 9, 2004? Maura Murray is Missing reports he attempted to call the police, but he did not have any cell phone coverage. Some believe it was packed up. Def miss playing one on one ball with her. MAURA MURRAY - BILL RAUSCH: A COMPLETE EXAMINATIONLISTEN to the FULL SERIES here -https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlqez6dCMgV4HEZuNBY2VxfD5WxTdgoXLJoi. I consider all of those individuals to be extremely honorable and respectful people who knew and loved Maura dearly. Looking back, I dont know if it was Maura, altho I believed it to be at the time. On the jacket Maura was wearing in the ATM video, On the backpack/duffel bag (this is the pic of Kathleen at the motel). He told me Maura's car was found on the side of the road in New Hampshire and Maura was nowhere to be found. We were laser focused on finding Maura and nothing could knock us off track, if that makes sense? Maura was an above average athlete. She was very independent and travelled by herself regularly to visit me, her friends, etc. I arrived in NH on Feb 11, 2004 and helped search for Maura along side the Murrays, my parents, and Mauras friends. Re Maura leaving West Point thats something Ill be taking a deep dive into given thats how we met and I can provide personal and professional insight into the situation. The shop wasnt that big. She was about as badass as you might imagine, altho always smiling while crushing whatever she was doing. This may be tangential but was she worried that "someone" may be able to track her location by hacking into credit card payment details if she paid for anything l a card? Probable Cause Affidavit in Bryan Kogbergers case (MoscowMurders). Young & Hungry I basically copy/pasted his answers to questions, took out filler and organized into categories. Listen above to the History Uncovered podcast, episode 45: The Disappearance Of Maura Murray, also available on. She loved it there and I loved being there with her. For others, it seems they get fixated on her troubles. As a reminder, we encourage all users to read the subreddit rules and keep all discussion civil and respectful. I found a stack of the originals the other day. Atop one of the boxes was a printed email to her boyfriend, which detailed problems in their relationship. Maura was an above average athlete. Until they discover they have been had. Public DomainMaura Murrays mugshot, which was taken after she was arrested for credit card fraud. She was a lovely young woman, inside and out. Im familiar with the type of conditions you describe from growing up with winters in Ohio and my time at West Point. We walked most of the ~20 mi between the accident site and Lincoln. After all, why would a suicidal person bother packing items like those? Not nearly as lovely as her but the best I could afford back then! Listen to this episode of Captain and Morgan to learn more. While Mauras disappearance is heartbreaking, there are moments when I find myself having pleasant memories even in the midst of a sad moment. On February 10th, 2004 my world turned upside down when I received a call from Maura's father, Fred. I do recall playing the whimpering VM for LE at the station; however, I do not know if they recorded it or took my phone to make a copy. Whoops! We assumed she took her backpack bc it was unaccounted for. Skip to content Menu About Documents What We've Learned So Far Notable People Videos Articles Pods Connect Menu All Good Things Posted on June 7, 2022June 7, 2022by jamesrenner Ten years later, an online community of 'websleuths' have formed to search for Murray. Once or twice with Fred. Her father Fred firmly believes that she was taken by a local dirtbag. However, many residents of Haverhill have scoffed at the idea that it was a local person who did it and suggest that Murray was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time and that a random kidnapper just happened to be on that road on that day.

Unusual Restaurants Surrey, Batbusters Softball Tryouts, Gazette Obituaries Last 30 Days, Effects Of Emotionally Distant Father On Sons, Texas Roadhouse Server Validation Test, Articles B